Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!

Article about: I dont know what to make of this holster. Almost looks like you wear it around your neck and the strap (missing torn) would run down your center back. It has a swivel point where it can go s

Default WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!

I dont know what to make of this holster. Almost looks like you wear it around your neck and the strap (missing torn) would run down your center back. It has a swivel point where it can go straight up or sideways. No markings except where the soldier wrote his name --- C. Nash ----. Has anyone seen one of these you would wear around your neck? It doesnt fit right under arm but i could be wrong. The leather piece that hangs off the bottom with the slots in it is fixed in place and doesnt swivel most likely to attach to clothing ?. I got it at the same time I got the WWI wool pullover but that doesnt mean much :? any help or direction appreciated.
    WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!WWI Holster? Neck? Swivel Signed Rare Help Please!

Wearing this around the neck would create a kind of horror for the owner. It was rather worn around the left arm, so the holster was under the armpit. The narrower strap was evidently longer and run around the torso, fixing the construction and not allowing to move sideways. That's the possible way of use.

?

Tomasz is spot on.
    Clearly a shoulder rig; the rivet/swivel allows the holster to tip forward, to ease the draw.