Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WWII US basic webgear

Article about: Hey guys! I just have a few pictures of my basic web gear of a WWII US infantryman. This is very basic, and everything is original minus the crappy repro haversack. Everything is dated '43 t

Default WWII US basic webgear

Hey guys! I just have a few pictures of my basic web gear of a WWII US infantryman. This is very basic, and everything is original minus the crappy repro haversack. Everything is dated '43 to '45 minus the medical pouch because it is far too faded to tell. If you guys have any tips on what to add to it to make it less bland let me know!

WWII US basic webgear

WWII US basic webgear

WWII US basic webgear

WWII US basic webgear

WWII US basic webgearWWII US basic webgear

Chuck it on a coat hanger if you don't have a dummy, just can't quite see what you have.

pat 36 suspenders will help

Better to get an original M1910 or M1928 haversack with meatcan pouch and pack carrier, and a meatcan itself... none of these items are very rare or expensive. You're off to a good start!

..the belt looks like what we used in the early '80s USMC ....I guess they didn't change the design too much

MAP
    ?

As it looks like you have the magazine pouch for the 45, maybe get a leather 1911 pistol holster?

(or is this pouch for the M1 Carbine?)

You can also add a compass or a knife/Bayo...but I think you are running out of room
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good start. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.