Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII US canvas case?

Article about: Hello Guys! I have this item and many others I can't identify. Could you help me please? Approx. 34 x 22 cm ~ 13.3' x 8.6'. Thank you!

?

Default WWII US canvas case?

Hello Guys!

I have this item and many others I can't identify. Could you help me please? Approx. 34 x 22 cm ~ 13.3' x 8.6'.

Thank you!
    WWII US canvas case?WWII US canvas case?WWII US canvas case?WWII US canvas case?

The brass webbing fittings look more British than US Army, but I don't know what this is from sorry.

Not a US issue piece of field gear...Commonwealth/ British as our esteemed Blackcat1982 has determined..

Smitty

?

Thank you all! : - )

I think it could be a British gasmask bag?

I have never seen anything like that. But it’s definitely not US. I think it may be a post war bag from a European country other than Britain. It’s influenced by British webbing design but nearly every country in Western Europe after WW2 adopted either US or British uniforms equipment and weapons to reestablish their military. As they began to produce their own equipment you often see items like this that appear to be American or British but are just a little different

I agree with the above. Its not US or any British pattern that I am aware of. Most likely a European nation using spare parts (pattern-37 strapping and hardware by the look of it). Check out some post war Danish gear, they used various parts and copies from Britain and the US. I take it there are no markings?

?

" I think it may be a post war bag from a European country other than Britain. "

Me too , Ive never seen one like that , but it fits the bill with the size & fittings.

I don't know why it has the cut out hole in the bottom though .

Gas Mask bags normally don't have one .

?

Maybe an Entrenching Tool cover ?

?

Thank you everybody! There are no any markings on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast