MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1 Kompanie Totenkopf Inf. Regt 8.

Article about: Hi. Good?

Default 1 Kompanie Totenkopf Inf. Regt 8.

Hi.
    Good?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Kompanie Totenkopf Inf. Regt 8.   1 Kompanie Totenkopf Inf. Regt 8.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1 Kompanie Totenkopf Inf. Regt 8.
    P
    Many

?

I don't see anything immediately wrong about it, but unfortunately, without having a 100% known original of the type to compare it to, or other significant proof (like having dug it up yourself), it can't be said to be good- it's just not obviously bad. The text has the odd unit number first layout that I've seen other early TJR discs to have- although they too were just not obviously bad. The trouble is there isn't any proper listing for the unit- it was a very, very short-lived designation apparently between February and April 1941: SS-Totenkopf-Standarte 8 became SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 8, which became the 1. SS-Infanterie-Brigade (mot.); so discs with a marking like that would only have been issued over a 2-3 month period. So it's rather an odd piece if it is real.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

All of the other early (pre-Barbarossa) TK disks I have seen have a machined stamp on the back or w-ss or waffen-ss so I would probably pass on this one unless it was very inexpensive . It does not mean it is not original it is just not similar with other tk's that I have seen. just my 2 cents.

Hello everybody,
    Some time ago I saw a very similar tag on some website, and I kept the picture because it was the first Totenkopf of this type I have seen.
    The roll number was quite close but not the same.
    It was the half with one hole too.
    But I have no idea if it is real (even if it looks not bad at all - these tiny letters are quite special).
    And the wooden table on which the tag lies looks similar too on both pictures, and I do not know if it is good sign

Friendly greetings.

My mistake sorry, it is the other half: the #294 has 2 holes not 1 like the #205.

?

Ah, right, I knew I'd seen someone post one similar, but couldn't remember just when and when I searched for it, nothing came up (oddly). It's very interesting that it is the same Regiment; although it's a different Sturm (Kompanie)- the first one is the 1., the second is the 3., so the closeness of the roll number isn't anything significant. What is interesting is that the variable elements- the Sturm and Stammrollennummer- appear to be marked with the same stamps, despite them being different units. It might mean for this particular Regiment discs were marked centrally- so it's not a bad thing. You're right Gazal, the tabletop does look the same, which is surprising- but luckily the corrosion is very different, and once more the one you found looks pretty realistic; had they been very similar or just both having minimal 'age' that wouldn't help much, but the one from the 3. Sturm certainly doesn't look at all fake to me...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...