Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION

Article about: Folks, an ukrainian guy wants to sell this both german dogtags. What do you think? Good or bad? Kind regards, NORD.

?

Default 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION

Folks, an ukrainian guy wants to sell this both german dogtags.
    What do you think? Good or bad?
    Kind regards, NORD.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION   1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION
    P
    Many

?

The previous result. Maybe someone else has more examples.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION  

?

And here an example with different letters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION  

For me they are all bad, except of the wreck maybe.

IMO both in post #1 are original.
    For comparison here one K.L.Gr.Ro. + T.J.E.Btl.1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION   1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION  

1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION  

I agree with Austrian, both ekm in #1 do not look good, the holes are artificially enlarged, not true wear and the way the snap line holes are clogged up on the KL example raise my suspicions.

?

Many doubts about both tags. For sure, like BlackCat says, the TK ekm holes are unnatural enlarged..anyway I would not like both in my collection

The holes don't look artificial to me. The identification tags were worn in very different ways; on chains, cords, ring chains, wire, ... . This always creates different traces of wear and tear. IMO the appearance of the letters/numbers compared to the original is meaningful.

?

Sorry hardy hard but, at last, I do not like also the TK tag that you had post. Probably I wrong but the holes are the same kind of use like the first one and something remember me the "rokas" tags.
    Anyway, like you well know only some kinds of SS erkennungsmarken are universally recognized like legit by collectors comunity. For the others it is important the documental support or the origin and for sure the ground dug tags are the main source..out side of this cases or overt fake, I think that is an "act of faith"...I try to keep out of my collection the religious matter but in every case, every one can be happy with his tags regardless my (or others) opinions ..

?

After a lot of research I found websites with original examples. Now I think the two in the first post are fine as everything matches.

erkennungsmarke Auschwitz gross rosen any help?

Show your SS Erkennungsmarken

SS Erkennungsmarken
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/ SS Totenkopf Infaterie Ersatz Bataillon I & Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen - QUESTION 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast