Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4

Article about: Goodmorning guys, Here is another half EKM I can add to the collection. This one is for the 2. Kompanie Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 4, with rollnumber 6161. Regards, Rik

?

Default 2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4

Goodmorning guys,

Here is another half EKM I can add to the collection.
    This one is for the 2. Kompanie Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 4, with rollnumber 6161.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4   2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4
    P
    Many

Yes Rik that is the one. Nice zinc tag. There are similar ones to the same unit elsewhere on the forum.

?

Well to be honest I checked Lexikon der Wehrmacht for the unit. But I will have a scroll through the EKM subforum.

And again another EKM is on the way, wich is to me pretty special. I will post it next week when it arrives.

Hello.
    Beautiful erkennungsmarke, I have one of the 4 Kompanie for comparison. The print font is the same.
    Giovanni

2./Kf.Ers.Abt. 4

?

That is a nice one Gianni! Also nice to see a complete EKM of this unit for comparison.
    Thank you for sharing.

Interesting too that the Second Kompanie half tag in zinc has a high rollnummer compared with the Fourth Kompanie whole tag in Alu? Given that is accepted that zinc tags are later on in the war it might beg the question as to whether there is an Aluminium version of Riks tag somewhere...

?

Just for my learning proces, is it possible the 'Alu' EKM got lost and the soldier got a 'new' zinc one?
    Or did the soldier joined the 2. Kompanie later in the war and was given a zinc EKM?

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Just for my learning proces, is it possible the 'Alu' EKM got lost and the soldier got a 'new' zinc one?
    Or did the soldier joined the 2. Kompanie later in the war and was given a zinc EKM?
    Both is possible and there are always exceptions which you can notice when you find Alu tags named to units that only came into existence later in the war.

?

It is likely in my opinion that the high roll number on the zinc disk also means it was made much later in the war. How long do you think it would take to go from 498 to 6181 in replacement soldiers in this type of unit?

?

Thank you for the replies Blackcat and Eike! You are always of great help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast