Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Codierte EKM

Article about: Good evening guys, I have been looking at this codierte emarke for a couple of days now because I am thinking of getting it. After lots of looking and comparing I think it is alright, but as

?

Default Codierte EKM

Good evening guys,

I have been looking at this codierte emarke for a couple of days now because I am thinking of getting it. After lots of looking and comparing I think it is alright, but as this will be the first codierte emarke for my collection I would like some extra help and opinions just to be sure. The cord does not look WW2 period, wich in this case is no problem for me. The photos are from the seller and all I have for now.

Codierte EKM
    Codierte EKM
    Codierte EKM
    ( photo credit: QMS)

Tell me what you think and thank you in advance.

Regards, Rik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Codierte EKM
    P
    Many

Something I had not noticed before is the close proximity the holes are to the edge of the ekm. I think it has a chance, but it's always better to see it in hand, then we can examine whether the snap line is a recent or old break. The cord looks too thick and short to be original.

?

Thank you very much BC. Sadly the seller still hasn't responded to my question for a good close-up photo.
    The holes I haven't looked at that much as the stamping and thanks for pointing that out. I will wait for further opinions.

Was having another look at this one and wondering if there is signs of the metal "blooming" on the reverse where it has been stamped? But the picture isn't sufficient resolution to say for sure. Could it be a recently stamped blank I wonder?

?

Well, I was getting a little suspicious my self. I did just now receive a close-up of the front, maybe this will help?

Codierte EKM
    (photo credit: QMS)

Sorry, it turned out sideways.

Hi Rik, I'm feeling less confident about this the more I look at it. For an item so important to the owner, his identity depended on it, this is not well stamped.

?

I think you might be right. My initial thougt was that it looked alright, luckily that little voice in the back of my head told me to post it here.
    Thank you for the help!

This is the first time I have commented on someone else tag. If it was me buying it I would stand back, two reasons, the patina on the front of the tag around the stamping seems to have been flattened, with the dia/punch. On the back you can see a flat area where the tag has sat on a hard surface when it was struck. Saying that the guys who collect coins and have used old type coin draws do get the high points rubbed down. But I have seen the same pattern on many fake tags..... Paul.