Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Article about: Hi guys, Here's another very common fake 'font' to learn to recognize if you plan to buy any Erkennungsmarken- it's probably tied for most common with the crappy so-called "Rokas"

?

Default Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Hi guys,

Here's another very common fake 'font' to learn to recognize if you plan to buy any Erkennungsmarken- it's probably tied for most common with the crappy so-called "Rokas" type I posted in Dimas' thread above.

They're all capitals, and are serif letters, but they're not terribly well-formed. None is as distinctive as the 'a', 'r' and '3' of the "Rokas" set, but they're recognizable enough.

Here are numerous examples of discs using them- you can match individual letters among all three, which itself proves they're fakes since once more you should never find the exact same letters on discs from different units.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Common Fake Fonts: look here first!   Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first! 
    Last edited by Matt L; 02-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Common Fake Fonts: look here first!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Common Fake Fonts

do you think location of where these were faked have influence on the fonts. i see a lot of weird "T's" and "Z's".

?

And to keep the grouping together as a good reference, here is the so-called "Rokas" fake font again with multiple examples.

The second last photo is a close up of numbers- specifically a very distinctive '3' with the squashed upper end; this one will always indentify a fake. The other most recognizable letters are the 'a' with the missing bit, and the very curved 'r' with the little hook half way up its vertical portion. Note too that the letters in general are not well-formed- there are thick bits and thin bits and overall they look crude. You should be able to match nearly any letter you might see using these images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Common Fake Fonts: look here first!   Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!   Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  

Attached Images Attached Images Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first! 

?

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    do you think location of where these were faked have influence on the fonts. i see a lot of weird "T's" and "Z's".
    I don't know- it's pretty commonly-accepted that the majority of fakes come from eastern Europe, but I'm not sure if there's commonly any difference in the Latin alphabet forms they use than what one might normally see elsewhere. To me the letters of the first set just look generally badly-formed; not as bad as the "Rokas" set, but still poor.

?

Here's another that maybe isn't super-common but since I managed to collect multiple images of it, it isn't rare to be sure. Note the stubby 'R' as a pretty recognizable form.

Attached Images Attached Images Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  Common Fake Fonts: look here first! 

?

This one's an example of a faker trying to be cute and using multiple sizes of stamps like you see on some originals- but it doesn't work. Notice how the same small, stubby 'R' is on nearly all of them- that kills the lot even if there weren't other problems, which there certainly are.

Nice try:

And again (other seller):

?

Here are a few more fonts, grouped so you can see they're used for multiple different units. Just look at the repeated letters and especially those with easily recognizable forms.

Common Fake Fonts: look here first! Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!Common Fake Fonts: look here first!Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

The trick to matching is to choose letters that have distinctive shapes and look for those in your fakes database- what areas are close or far apart, what parts are very specific shapes, what parts are what size, etc. If it helps, crop one such letter out of one picture, and paste it beside the same letter on another image, scale the size and you can very easily tell if they're the same or not.

?

I'll be honest I'd be screwed everytime!
    How much (ball park) would a half decent quality Id tag cost! I'd only buy from a site like this anyway
    Cheers lads

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast