Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dog tag authenticity

Article about: Hi Guys, I was wondering if this is legit. I’ve come across a dog tag at auction and I’m questioning it’s authenticity. Any advice would be helpful.

Default Dog tag authenticity

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if this is legit. I’ve come across a dog tag at auction and I’m questioning it’s authenticity. Any advice would be helpful.Dog tag authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog tag authenticity
    P
    Many

Anyone?

I find it very unlikely that this is original.
    The tag has a blood group and a Stamm roll number, meaning it was issued, but there is no wear to the holes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dog tag authenticity

Thank You. Is there anything more definitive? I’ve seen genuine tags that didn’t show wear in the holes.

?

It’s the kind of tag that I do not buy.

The red flags for me are that this is for an extremely rare unit, small in size. The blutgruppe letter being the same font as the unit number, the strange siegrunes. Too good to be true, the unit was eventually destroyed in Berlin. Not one for me either.

Appreciate the advice everyone. So blut gruppe font and siegrunes. Would it be worth asking for provenance on this? I haven’t paid for it yet and I’ll take a “non paying bidder hit” if necessary. Anymore information is greatly appreciated, Im a vet that likes to learn but after being burned a couple of time in the last 30 years and knowing that these are being faked more and more,I’m cautious. All I can add is that the the dimensions were correct and that it is a zinc piece.

Thanks again.

?

As BlackCat and rbminis say there are too much red flags...I only added that the tag have not got the features that a little but really important (and famous) SS Batalion should had have. Unfortunatly the material and the dimension are the last problem.

Quote by Snoodoubts View Post
    Appreciate the advice everyone. So blut gruppe font and siegrunes. Would it be worth asking for provenance on this? I haven’t paid for it yet and I’ll take a “non paying bidder hit” if necessary. Anymore information is greatly appreciated, Im a vet that likes to learn but after being burned a couple of time in the last 30 years and knowing that these are being faked more and more,I’m cautious. All I can add is that the the dimensions were correct and that it is a zinc piece.

Thanks again.
    Asking for provenance from a vendor without them providing it in the first place is a waste of time. The unscrupulous seller will just make stuff up if they think a sale is in the offing. Avoid. It is not original.

?

The font used for "r" in Werfer and the "a" in Batt are red flags for me. in addition to what has already been written. The O for blood group and the "00" on 500 should not be the same, and they are shaped like a racetrack O.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast