Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dog tag from flea market

Article about: From time to time, i find german id tags in the romanian flea markets. Any advice about this one? Many thanks!

Default German Dog tag from flea market

From time to time, i find german id tags in the romanian flea markets. Any advice about this one? Fake or genuine?

To be honest, i'm more curious if the locals adapted to the new market needs, starting to produce fake id tags. Here in Romania, the militaria market isn't something large,developed, so it would be intresting to know if there are fakes in circulation.

Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag from flea market  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog tag from flea market
    P
    Many

?

It looks OK to me, I think it would be odd to fake such an obscure and uninteresting unit:

Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 11
    Kommandeure:
    Oberst Nikolaus Graf von Luckner, 1.4.39 - 15.6.40
    GenMaj Robert Pistorius, 5.8.40 - 1941
    GenMaj Dipl.Ing. Eduard Riesch, 1941 - 1942
    GenMaj Robert Pistorius, 1942 - 10.42
    Formed 1.4.39 in Schönwalde from Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 11. 1941 renamed Flieger-Regiment 11. In 1942 the I. and II. Btl. moved outside Germany (to ?). In autumn 1942 disbanded, and used to form one of the Luftwaffen-Feld-Divisions.

- - ------- - -

It would be interesting to find out where it was posted, perhaps Rumania?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    It looks OK to me, I think it would be odd to fake such an obscure and uninteresting unit:

Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 11
    Kommandeure:
    Oberst Nikolaus Graf von Luckner, 1.4.39 - 15.6.40
    GenMaj Robert Pistorius, 5.8.40 - 1941
    GenMaj Dipl.Ing. Eduard Riesch, 1941 - 1942
    GenMaj Robert Pistorius, 1942 - 10.42
    Formed 1.4.39 in Schönwalde from Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 11. 1941 renamed Flieger-Regiment 11. In 1942 the I. and II. Btl. moved outside Germany (to ?). In autumn 1942 disbanded, and used to form one of the Luftwaffen-Feld-Divisions.

- - ------- - -

It would be interesting to find out where it was posted, perhaps Rumania?
    Thank you so much for your reply, and for the informations. I have several german dog-tags recovered from Romanian's flea markets (in the near future i will built a thread around them, just in order to elucidate if i'm collecting junk or something as it has to be...), so, after discovering this great forum, i took my chance with them.

The one presented above was bought in a flea market near Brasov,Romania. It was sold to me by an old couple, which stated that found the id tag in an old house belonging to their relatives. That was also my curiosity, if the sellers from flea market and arounds, adapted to the new market's trends, starting to produce fake products that will supply the this new type of requests (in Romania we don't really have a ''tradition'' in collectiong militaria, that is somehow a slowly emerging trend...).

Many thanks!

?

You are very lucky to be in an area that was part of the war but has not been exploited by an army of fakers. Good luck in your searches.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    You are very lucky to be in an area that was part of the war but has not been exploited by an army of fakers. Good luck in your searches.
    That's what i was trying to understand, if the market is in the phase of inaltered items, coming from different local sources, or if the first fakes appeard..i will post also other id tags. The one from this topic had a 3eur price.

?

Dog tag from flea market
    Not to highjack your thread ArkanBuc but I also have Erkennungsmarke from the same unit. Although mine has a higher roll number of 149!
    Always neat to see one similar! Sorry about the quality of the photo, It's the only one I have on hand at the moment.
    Cheers

Quote by Robbob View Post
    Dog tag from flea market
    Not to highjack your thread ArkanBuc but I also have Erkennungsmarke from the same unit. Although mine has a higher roll number of 149!
    Always neat to see one similar! Sorry about the quality of the photo, It's the only one I have on hand at the moment.
    Cheers
    Great Robbob!

indeed, always nice to see how these items travel in space and time. I bought mine in Romania, far away from the zone of action of that unit. You have one more in Australia...so, nice to know that

Default one more

One more dog-tag recovered/bought the other day from a romanian flea market.

What do you think about it?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag from flea market  

Quote by ArkanBuc View Post
    One more dog-tag recovered/bought the other day from a romanian flea market.

What do you think about it?

Cheers
    Nice original tag: Fahr Ersatz Abteilung 4, based in WKIV. Common tag. The fakes tend to be from Elite units, Waffen SS - but not exclusively.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Nice original tag: Fahr Ersatz Abteilung 4, based in WKIV. Common tag. The fakes tend to be from Elite units, Waffen SS - but not exclusively.
    Many thanks for your kind reply. So, it will be interesting regarding the fakes, considering that the guy from the flea market promised me an SS dog tag. I will meet him as always, in the weekend at the flea market, so probably the next week i will post a SS tag, so we will find out if the romanian militaria is a contaminated one, or not

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast