Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EKM bakelite

Article about: Good evening In my research on the Berlin Volkssturm and the Volkssturm in general, I encountered somewhere the info that there were Volkssturm units where the men had bakelite EKM. I'm curi

Default EKM bakelite

Good evening

In my research on the Berlin Volkssturm and the Volkssturm in general, I encountered somewhere the info that there were Volkssturm units where the men had bakelite EKM.

I'm curious to see one of those! Is there a better place to look for an example than this forum?

As I do not own an Hoïdal, perhaps an example of such an EKM is in that book.

Thanks

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKM bakelite
    P
    Many

The only example of a Bakelite erkennungsmarke I see mentioned in Höidal was for a worker marke from Luft-Munition Kittlitztreben.

I've personally not handled any Bakelite erkennungsmarke and have not seen any German war ministry evidence that such items very widely sanctioned.

Having said all that I would be interested to see one should it ever be found!

Thanks for the reply
    The OKH/OKW wasn't occupied with this kind of EKM as it was a Volkssturm "thing".
    Because the Wehrmacht could not deliver the for the Volkssturm needed metal discs, they even advised the Gaustabsführer to look for own solutions.
    I think a bakelite EKM could be one of those options, most likely only on a (very) small scale.
    And as they can't be found with a metal detector they are rare ...
    Cheers
    Peter

Quote by WARNACH View Post
    Thanks for the reply
    The OKH/OKW wasn't occupied with this kind of EKM as it was a Volkssturm "thing".
    Because the Wehrmacht could not deliver the for the Volkssturm needed metal discs, they even advised the Gaustabsführer to look for own solutions.
    I think a bakelite EKM could be one of those options, most likely only on a (very) small scale.
    And as they can't be found with a metal detector they are rare ...
    Cheers
    Peter
    It would be interesting to see any evidence of such a decision, but I'm not aware of anything in existence. As already stated it would be interesting to see such evidence, both written and physical of Bakelite being used to produce ekm. Presumably only blanks that could be scratched onto or pre-stamped (which would expensive in production and material terms). I have yet to be totally convinced.

Good evening
    This question I also posted on another (German) militaria forum.
    Today I was contacted by a German collector who owns this bakelite Tag.

VS battalion 16/352 was formed in Spremberg, the location of one of biggest factorys for bakelite like material.

On the Milantic site there was a advertising leaflet for sale for the Spremberg "plastics" products. This factory remained operational until april 1945.

Through that German collector I was able to trace 3 more of those tags of the same unit 16 - 352, admitting no "DV" or even Coy on the tag ... but those minimalistic inscriptions do occur on VSt tags

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKM bakelite   EKM bakelite  

?

I have several dv/vst ekms myself. And also 2 dw ekms. Do you have any idea what dw might stand for? maybe Deutsche Wehrmacht?EKM bakeliteEKM bakelite

?

Vst = volksturm DV = Deutsche volkssturm DW = ???EKM bakeliteEKM bakeliteEKM bakelite

Good evening
    DW might be Deutsche Wehrmacht as you suggest, perhaps to avoid any confusion with the 1914-1918 style 2 hole discs ???
    Are you sure the L.S disc is Volkssturm?
    Peter

?

Hello Peter, thank you for your answer. No, I know that the vst and dv ekms in my collection are Volksturm. But I've always wondered what dw stands for. That was my question.The xx/1 zbv is a dv ekm very late war. And the L.S is the exact same ekm and the dw (wich nobody can tell me where it stands for) the dw are the exact same letters/type letters.EKM bakelite Bau-Bataillon XX/I

Feldpostnummern ab dem 28. März 1945: Das Bataillon wurde durch die Umbenennung des Volkssturm-Bau-Bataillon XX/I als Bau-Bataillon XX/I in der Feldpostübersicht eingetragen.

Einheit Feldpostnummer
    Stab 32032 A
    1. Kompanie 32032 B
    2. Kompanie 32032 C
    3. Kompanie 32032 D
    4. Kompanie 32032 E
    Das Bau-Bataillon XX/I wurde im März 1945 im Wehrkreis XX aufgestellt. Das Bataillon wurde aus dem Volkssturm als Heerestruppe aufgestellt. Das Bataillon wurde nach der Aufstellung in Danzig, im Wehrkreis XX, eingesetzt.

Der Ersatztruppenteil für das Bataillon ist unbekannt.

?

Volkssturm-Bau-Bataillon XX/I

Aufstellungsort:

vermutlich Danzig / Reichsgau Danzig-Westpreußen

Aufstellungszeitpunkt:

vor dem 27.02.1945

Gliederung:

Stab und 1. bis 3. Kompanie

Feldpostnummer:

32032, am 27.2.1945 zugewiesen

Stab - Fpn 32032 A

1. Kompanie - Fpn 32032 B

2. Kompanie - Fpn 32032 C

3. Kompanie - Fpn 32032 D

Einheitsführer/Offiziere:

3. Kompanie

Leutnant Leonhard Scheider, vermisst 00.01.1945

Einsatz:

Besonderheiten / Vermerk:

27.2.1945 Volkssturm-Bau-Bataillon XX/I, umbenannt am 28.3.1945 in Stab u. 1.-4. Kompanie Bau-Bataillon XX/I.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast