Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ekm how to read ?

Article about: I came across this ekm in a box. Never knew I owned this ekm. I don't think I ever bought it or found it myself. Maybe the syndrome of young dementia is already starting to set in. Or I just

?

Default Ekm how to read ?

Ekm how to read ?Ekm how to read ? I came across this ekm in a box. Never knew I owned this ekm. I don't think I ever bought it or found it myself. Maybe the syndrome of young dementia is already starting to set in. Or I just have too many of those things lying around in boxes here and there.. But now that I'm looking at the ekm. I'm not exactly sure how to read it. It says LN O LW Bau . LN stands for Lern Luft? nachrichten ? ? O = ??? LW landwehr ?? Luftwaffe?? What is your opinion about this?Ekm how to read ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ekm how to read ?
    P
    Many

Hi Daarom.

I would read the second tag as - 16./Kompanie V Abteilung (Ersatz) Luftnachrichten-Regiment 2

16. Kompanie (Ersatz) Luftnachrichten-Regiment 2 bzw. 4. Kompanie Luftnachrichten-Regiment 12; Hilfe/Info uber meinen Opa - Einheiten der Luftwaffe - Forum der Wehrmacht

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Thank you very much for your reply and interesting info Willmore.

?

The first disc suggests a Luftwaffe Signals construction battalion to me (though I am unsure of the correct German designation - I’m sure BlackCat will know it).
    These were the people who built the (sometimes enormous) field telephone exchanges, among other things.

Seems there is something missing and at the moment I have no idea for that "O".
    But for sure Luftnachrichten Kompanie / Luftwaffen Bau Bataillon 1

Quote by Austrian View Post
    Seems there is something missing and at the moment I have no idea for that "O".
    But for sure Luftnachrichten Kompanie / Luftwaffen Bau Bataillon 1
    I see the same unit, i.e. Luftwaffe Bau Bataillon 1, but again I'm not sure the significance of the 0.

?

Ok thx . Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillon Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillone

Overview:

Initially formed as battalion-HQ's, to control various independent Luftwaffen-Bau-Kompanien. In June 1940 (3.40 in Luftgau VII) all battalions were reorganised, and now each battalion controlled 3 companies (as 1. - 3. coys) on a permanent basis. Several of the battalions became Kriegsgefangenen-Bataillone in late 1943, as indicated by the (K). These were mainly manned by POWs, and only a few Germans.

Hiwi = Hilfswillige (volunteers, mainly from the Baltic states)

Lett. = Lettland (Latvia).

For details see under each Luftgau:

Luftgau I
    Luftgau III
    Luftgau IV
    Luftgau VI
    Luftgau VII
    Luftgau VIII
    Luftgau XI
    Luftgau XII
    Luftgau XIII
    Luftgau XVII