Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarke cords

Article about: Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could post the varieties of original EKM cords for reference. I have seen a few different materials/colors but don't have a real good grasp on diff

Default Erkennungsmarke cords

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could post the varieties of original EKM cords for reference. I have seen a few different materials/colors but don't have a real good grasp on differentiating period from post war cords.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke cords
    P
    Many

?

Here is one from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke cords   Erkennungsmarke cords  

Erkennungsmarke cords  

Here is another style I have found.

Erkennungsmarke cords

Another more orange colored cord.

Erkennungsmarke cords

The two coloured cords are a first war type as they refer to the part of the German Empire the unit belonged to.

That is good to know blackcat! What do you think that means for second war tags with first war type cords? Reusing old stock at the beginning of the war?

Bit more specific info for you all. Coloured cords for WW1 era Emarken can be found in the national colors, i.e Prussia black and white, Bavaria blue-white, Saxony green-white, Wuerttemberg black-red, Hessen red-white.
    In WW2 green or uncoloured hemp cords were used as well as those leather or even pressed Taschen holders. From memory I think the cords were 30cm in length, but please don't quote me as I don't have any currently. Eike41 might like to confirm by measuring the cord on his example.

Possible re-use of WW1 stock is possible, but - as a soldier you would want reliable cord for your tag and perhaps would not be so happy to be using some 20 year old cord your Father had in WW1... Having said that you show a WW2 tag with WW1 cord, so I guess anything is possible.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 09-06-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: edit

Thanks you for the insight into the color scheme for these cords. Do you happen to know what region the orange, or maybe faded red, cord might be from?

Quote by andymnemonic View Post
    Thanks you for the insight into the color scheme for these cords. Do you happen to know what region the orange, or maybe faded red, cord might be from?
    Cords for Emarken circa 1938+ did come in various shades of white/green/grey hemp cord. The orange/red cord on the tag above is an addition, whether picked up at the time or placed on if afterwards I cannot say.

Hello to all.
    My recent arrival:

Erkennungsmarke cords

Unfortunately, EKM is false and the Wehrpass is original, but with recent additions. So I think even the cord is not original.
    Last edited by gianni59; 09-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast