Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarke question.

Article about: I'm just wondering, if I were to buy a complete Erkennungmarke that was ground dug/of unknown origin how am I to know it isn't grave robbing and how do I identify tags that haven't been grav

Default Erkennungsmarke question.

I'm just wondering, if I were to buy a complete Erkennungmarke that was ground dug/of unknown origin how am I to know it isn't grave robbing and how do I identify tags that haven't been grave robbed?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke question.
    P
    Many

The simple answer is that you can't necessarily tell where an erkennungsmarke comes from. Complete ones can be found at surrender or POW sites. The same can be said of broken examples. In the case of a casualty they were broken and the top part remained with the body. But prisoners also sometimes had erkennungsmarke removed by their captors and they were then broken in half or even in quarters.
    If you suspect an emarke has been removed from a grave site then the decision to buy or not is
    yours. I would personally not want to deprive a fallen soldier of his identity, but not everyone has such scruples.