Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarke Stutthof

Article about: Hi everyone ! I would like to have your expert opinion on this erkennungsmarke that I'm considering buying. Im a total beginner in ekm but I did many researches (most of them in this forum a

Arrow Erkennungsmarke Stutthof

Hi everyone ! I would like to have your expert opinion on this erkennungsmarke that I'm considering buying. Im a total beginner in ekm but I did many researches (most of them in this forum ahah) : in my opinion this one is ok (ss totenkopf sturmbann 2 in Stutthof), but fakes are sometimes so well made that i want to be sure before buying. Thanks a lot in advance !
    Regards
    Charles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke Stutthof   Erkennungsmarke Stutthof  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke Stutthof
    P
    Many

The SS ekm collectors will be along, but to me this one looks like an acid aged produced piece.

Ow, and how can we differentiate "real" rust and acid treatement ? Im so lost with ekm : some of those mentionned as real in this forum looks fake and vice versa...

?

The more expensive the ekm, the more likely the fakers are to counterfeit it. Ordinary army parts are less likely to be counterfeited. So with waffen ss ekms you have to be more wary. And the one you buy it from is also an important factor. Is it someone with a good reputation, is it the finder himself? Even if that doesn't say everything. And as for the STUBA ekms, not everyone collects that. And some collectors believe in the originality of these ekms and others don't. And I myself believe that certain STUBA ekms have been viewed after a time frame. For example, certain models were not described as original until a few years ago, but they are now. Thought I knew. There are many factors involved. But I think some ss ekm experts here dare to give a more exclusive answer. I believe these ekms are also in the ss ekm book. I do not have that book in my possession. I also think that when you have gained more experience in purchasing ekms from the somewhat cheaper class, you will get a better sense of whether they are fake or real. If you have had several passed through your hands, studied them extensively You gain confidence in your own knowledge and skills through experience. And yes you also have to learn by experiencing that you burn your fingers once.

Thank you daarom for your response ! Can you give me the name of this book's author ? Oh and another point that reassures me as to its authenticity is the blood group: why make a fake with such a rare blood group when a simple 0 is so much simpler/credible? but maybe a forger would have anticipated this thought (but I doubt)

For me the crud in the holes can be a bad sign.

?

The title of the book is Die Erkennungsmarken der SS-Einheiten . I'm not sure if your EKM is also in it.

Another Stutthof EKM for comparison - German Seller, 475 Euros...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke Stutthof  

Hello KaiserKarl,
    stay away from this EKM - fake, fake and once more fake - you'll save money.

Regards
    Jack from GdaƄsk (Danzig) by Stutthof

?

A original stuba stuErkennungsmarke Stutthof

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast