Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarken?

Article about: This is a strange one. Had this for a very long time. What is this anyone?

Default Erkennungsmarken?

This is a strange one. Had this for a very long time. What is this anyone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken?   Erkennungsmarken?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken?
    P
    Many

The clover motif would make me think it is some sort of good luck token, Glücksbringer. Not seen one to Division Goering before. Cannot comment on originality.

Whatever it is, it's not an ID disc.

It doesn't look original to me...

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    It doesn't look original to me...
    Many thanks. Why may this look fake please? Would be interested to learn from this. I realize that it is not an ID disc but could it be something else that is original?

Mine is merely an opinion, but the engraving looks newly made to my eyes. I could be (am most likely I am) wrong. Please wait for other members to comment.

Good luck!

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Mine is merely an opinion, but the engraving looks newly made to my eyes. I could be (am most likely I am) wrong. Please wait for other members to comment.

Good luck!
    Many thanks. I think I got this back in the early eighties in a coin fair not far from where I live. It's an interesting item and I can't seem to find anything else similar to it anywhere. It may be a piece of junk, but hopefully, maybe OK.

Unfortunately finding it at a coin fair and so totally out of context makes it almost impossible to say it was made pre 1945, unless someone unearths another. Until that time it is just a curio.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Unfortunately finding it at a coin fair and so totally out of context makes it almost impossible to say it was made pre 1945, unless someone unearths another. Until that time it is just a curio.
    Many thanks. It could be anything, it's a difficult one.

Sometime ago I took this to a museum where it was suggested that this may be for a tank crew purchased privately and the number was the vehicle number. I can't see this being a reproduction as you would think that there would be loads made to make it financially viable, they would be common, likewise, it obviously isn't an official issue as I've never seen another. So I suppose it could be a private purchase tag worn as good luck maybe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast