Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes

Article about: by LustForRust Hi Fascinating thread, can anyone give me any thoughts on this one ? Sorry just realised I should have posted a new thread perhaps than adding it on here Thanks Hello Bad Fake

?

Default Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes

Take a carefully look on them and learn
    Here I will post some of the fake examples of the German dog tags
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes   Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  

Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  
    Last edited by Matt L; 02-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes
    P
    Many

Default Re: Erkennungsmarken made after the ww2- fakes

Hello,
    Nice idea Dimas
    Here's my little contribution to this thread
    Fake Erkennungsmarke from Gren. Reg. 199 (Infantrieregiment List). it is poorly stamped and the metal from the disc itself is not correct. When he realized this was a fake, my friend Curtiss sent it to me for reference...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Seller claims that disc is original, but the text is post-war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  

?

That is not a big problem to find a original and clean disc, your looks original, but that is not making the disc valuable, because the inscription is fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Here are two examples of one of the most common fakes- the terrible lettering is completely distinctive and if you just remember the 'r' with the weird curl and the little hook part way down and the 'a' with the gap, you can always recognize this type. This also illustrates how fakers will use one single set of stamps to make very different unit types; as I mentioned in another thread, no two Erkennungsmarken from different units- even different Kompanien of the same larger unit- should ever have the exact same lettering. If they do, you should immediatly be wary and if you see a definite fake, you can use it to recognize others for anything with the same letters will also likely be a fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes 
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

I'd suggest that anyone who posts a fake in here point out just why it's bad- so all can learn from the specifics.

For example, the supposed Hermann Göring disc Dimas posted above is bad because of the text- the 13. Kompanie of an Infanterie-type Regiment was not an MG Kompanie- only the 4., 8., and 12. Kompanien were- the 13. would be the Infanterie-Geschütz-Kompanie. The text also doesn't seem to contain enough information- just the Kompanie doesn't work save in specific situations (such as the Infanterie-expert (Pionier, Panzerjäger, etc.) type Ersatz-Kompanie)- and, of course, one must always be wary of 'special' unit discs as they're faked massively and real ones are quite rare.

The reason the supposed Fallschirmjäger disc is bad is that it's actual text- flying and Falli units of the Luftwaffe normally used numeric coded discs! There are purported to be the odd plain text originals but I have yet to see one with real proof of its authenticity. So if you ever see a Luftwaffe disc from a flying unit (Jagdgeschwader, Stukageschwader, etc.) or a Fallschirmjäger unit that is plain text, pass it by unless there's unquestionable proof that it's real. The disc in question here is also bad because the text itself is wrong- the 'Kp.' is in the wrong place; correctly, it would be 4. Kp/ ... - the slash separates the Kompanie information from the larger unit, so all descriptors of it must preceed the slash.

And the one Marks1 posted is bad also because the text makes no sense- you can't have a Kompanie of a Division; a Kompanie is a subunit of a Bataillon or a Regiment. This disc also demonstrates one common indicator of a bad disc- the Stammrollennummer (roster number) is split up on either side of the lower hole; while it's not impossible that this was ever done with large numbers on real discs, I've never seen it and it certainly makes no sense to do it with a small two-digit number. Moreover, it's seen with surprising regularity on fake discs so is certianly somthing some faker scum does regularly thus should always send up a red flag.
    Last edited by Matt L; 02-17-2010 at 05:46 PM.

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Nice idea Dimas
    Here's my little contribution to this thread
    Fake Erkennungsmarke from Gren. Reg. 199 (Infantrieregiment List). it is poorly stamped and the metal from the disc itself is not correct. When he realized this was a fake, my friend Curtiss sent it to me for reference...
    This one's a problem because while it has a blood group letter on it to suggest it was issued, it has no Kompanie, which is completely wrong- nobody belonged to the whole Regiment, and even the command staff would have "Stab." marked prior to the Regiment information. If the dumb faker had just left the blood group off, it might have looked like a ready replacement disc and further evaluation would be necessary to determine its authenticity.

I'm curious though why the metal is not correct? It looks fine in the photo so it must be something this fellow noticed about it once it ws in hand?

I would point out that 'poor stamping' is not an indicator of anything though since virtually every disc in the Wehrmacht was stamped by hand and thus the quality of strike is quite variable- some very good some rather poor. The lettering on the other hand is- the vast majority of stamps were well-made so the letters are well-formed; fakers' stamps are often pretty bad so malformed letters are an indicator.

Quote by Matt L View Post
    I'd suggest that anyone who posts a fake in here point out just why it's bad- so all can learn from the specifics.

For example, the supposed Hermann Göring disc Dimas posted above is bad because of the text- the 13. Kompanie of an Infanterie-type Regiment was not an MG Kompanie- only the 4., 8., and 12. Kompanien were- the 13. would be the Infanterie-Geschütz-Kompanie. The text also doesn't seem to contain enough information- just the Kompanie doesn't work save in specific situations (such as the Infanterie-expert (Pionier, Panzerjäger, etc.) type Ersatz-Kompanie)- and, of course, one must always be wary of 'special' unit discs as they're faked massively and real ones are quite rare.

The reason the supposed Fallschirmjäger disc is bad is that it's actual text- flying and Falli units of the Luftwaffe normally used numeric coded discs! There are purported to be the odd plain text originals but I have yet to see one with real proof of its authenticity. So if you ever see a Luftwaffe disc from a flying unit (Jagdgeschwader, Stukageschwader, etc.) or a Fallschirmjäger unit that is plain text, pass it by unless there's unquestionable proof that it's real. The disc in question here is also bad because the text itself is wrong- the 'Kp.' is in the wrong place; correctly, it would be 4. Kp/ ... - the slash separates the Kompanie information from the larger unit, so all descriptors of it must preceed the slash.

And the one Marks1 posted is bad also because the text makes no sense- you can't have a Kompanie of a Division; a Kompanie is a subunit of a Bataillon or a Regiment. This disc also demonstrates one common indicator of a bad disc- the Stammrollennummer (roster number) is split up on either side of the lower hole; while it's not impossible that this was ever done with large numbers on real discs, I've never seen it and it certainly makes no sense to do it with a small two-digit number. Moreover, it's seen with surprising regularity on fake discs so is certianly somthing some faker scum does regularly thus should always send up a red flag.
    Hi, Matt!

About separated numbers... of course they are very rare, but they are possible... this is ID tag found in Kurland.

Andris

Hello

The first and third dogtag (Brandenburg and FschJgRgt4) are so called "Bad Driburg" Fakes, made in germany.

Best regards, Fronti

Hi

Fascinating thread, can anyone give me any thoughts on this one ?

Sorry just realised I should have posted a new thread perhaps than adding it on here

Thanks

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast