Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?

Article about: hello, This 'Fallschirmjäger regiment 2 ekm real? or fake ? plz help me!

?

Default 'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?

hello,
    This 'Fallschirmjäger regiment 2 ekm real? or fake ?
    plz help me! 'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?
    P
    Many

1st Kompanie of Fallschirmjäger Rgt 2 but it looks very fresh to me.

I am no expert but I do like restoration work. If you have a new thing and need to make it look old you need to make it look like its been handled. All high points would be polished smooth by rubbing on cloth leather or bumped around in a draw.. To my eyes yours looks like it has been stamped last week so to speak. Take a look at the back of the disc even with a magnifying glass and I think you will see what I mean. ...regards...paul.

I would like to ask ... can you tell the date of issue from the numbers or even the area where the tag was issued, was each area allocated a batch of numbers? .... thanks Paul.

The Luftwaffe Mobilierungs Nummern system was a way of coding units, once you have confirmed the number to a unit you might choose to research the history of that unit. However there is not a way to know where or when it was issued unless you have the owners Soldbuch which will tell you when his joined the unit.

Luftwaffe Erkennungsmarken are easy to fake, as all you need is the numerical stamp set and blank discs.

i have never seen an example of this unit. as blackcat wrote, its easy to fake the codet erkenungsmarke. to be 100% sure you need several examples and the source where the marke origin is.

?

Hello all !
    Thank you for comment !

Hello.
    I have several erkennungsmarken in stainless steel. These do not oxidize unlike the others, and therefore can give the impression of being new.
    I like EKM, but I too would like to find other examples to compare to be 100% sure.

Agreed, Gianni59. But I still question the total lack of any wear to it. This could be down to its being carried within a erkennungsmarke tasche but I would like to know its full story if possible before I was totally happy with it.

?

Just trying to help out. So I was scrolling the fake erkennungsmarken sticky threads and came across a fake example posted by Dimas.

'Fallschirmjäger ekm real?

If you look at the number 7 and compare this one with the number 7 on the codierte emarke they look like they are exactly the same.
    I hope I am wrong and it turns out that the codierte emarke is good, but I think this is something to have a good look at.

Regards, Rik

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast