MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German POW Dogtag

Article about: This is an American POW dogtag issued to Obergefreiter Joachim Oberbeck. The number 81 is the theatre of operations he was captured in. The letters SP are believed to stand for stateless per

Default German POW Dogtag

This is an American POW dogtag issued to Obergefreiter Joachim Oberbeck. The number 81 is the theatre of operations he was captured in. The letters SP are believed to stand for stateless person, his POW number 76120 and L which implies Luftwaffe personnel.

German POW Dogtag

I have not found anything else about him as yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German POW Dogtag
    P
    Many

?

I know very little about this. But I think it was also issued to dead German soldiers for burial. I thought I understood that from this Dutch digger. But I must be wrong. I then watched these films for 4 years. Finding a LOT of DOG TAGS and MORE! - Big German WW2 Dump Hole Relics Cleaning - PART 1 - YouTube

?

Dogtag GRS grave registration service Usa for killed german soldiers

Daarom, the tag in #1 is not a GRS tag as it has the information on the area the prisoner was captured - 81 is North Africa, Italy i.e the Mediterranean theatre etc.

GRS tags to enemy casualties give the name and rank and unit information (gathered from Soldbuch) and then the grave block/row details.

?

Thank you BC. I've never delved into this topic. And I don't collect it myself. But I could still remember those movies of that Dutch digger. You're right. wkr Pat