Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good EKM?

Article about: Hello again friends, today I bring to you a dog tag that I will be keeping an eye on for now. It supposedly came from Orlovka, near Stalingrad. The reason I'm asking if this is a good tag, i

Default Good EKM?

Good EKM?Good EKM?Good EKM?Good EKM?

Hello again friends, today I bring to you a dog tag that I will be keeping an eye on for now. It supposedly came from Orlovka, near Stalingrad. The reason I'm asking if this is a good tag, is because of the "Bl. Gr." stamping on it. I've personally never seen it before.

the 191st Inf. Ers. Btln. sent replacements to the 71st Infantry Division, which took part in the fighting at the city. I'm trying to find a dealer who sells dogtags just so I can look, but it's very hard, especially to find an american dealer. This one is overpriced for me, but I'll keep a watch on it if it goes on sale, if if y'all give me the all clear signal.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good EKM?
    P
    Many

Looks like they just stuck it into the ground to make it look like a dug up find!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Looks like they just stuck it into the ground to make it look like a dug up find!
    Possibly, but it is possible to "eyeball" things like these. I've found arrowheads here in the U.S. Sticking out like this, and even laying on top of the ground. It's amazing what you can find when a plow disks the earth.

Good EKM?

?

The EKM looks good to me. Ask where it came from then look up the unit on the Lexikon and see if it fought in the area.

[QUOTE=RustyRelics;2205265]Possibly, but it is possible to "eyeball" things like these. I've found arrowheads here in the U.S. Sticking out like this, and even laying on top of the ground. It's amazing what you can find when a plow disks the earth.

Cheers Rusty I only have a artillery and a medico in my lot not dug up. I can't help more.

?

I believe the EKM is all good, looks like it got struck by something (usually i see badges damaged by metal detectorists shovels with this sort of damage).

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    The EKM looks good to me. Ask where it came from then look up the unit on the Lexikon and see if it fought in the area.
    They did, with the 71st Infantry Division.

A good original. The damage looks old to me, consistent with POW processing rather than a casualty.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    A good original. The damage looks old to me, consistent with POW processing rather than a casualty.

Was it common practice to snap EKM into quarters when a German was captured?

Good EKM?Good EKM?

?

I think if you were a member of the LAH and you knew it was going to happen you might snap your own tag in half.

I have seen caches of German disks that the Russians had recovered folded up like this as well. Russians used to exhume German graves to identify the units that were buried there. The OP image was probably broken when the diggers unfolded it or it was already broken from being folded when it was dropped 75 plus years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast