Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

have I got this right?

Article about: I have a tag with the payroll number 5855 and a unit of 5/jnf Ers Batl 11/130 So using the Lexikon I make this to be 5th Company infantry replacement Battalion II/130 ..... so when I get to

Default have I got this right?

I have a tag with the payroll number 5855 and a unit of 5/jnf Ers Batl 11/130 So using the Lexikon I make this to be 5th Company infantry replacement Battalion II/130 ..... so when I get to the page it shows companys of 1-4 and no 5th company? can someone please check it to see if I am going wrong....thanks...paul.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement have I got this right?
    P
    Many

?

I think you got it right Paul and that your emarke is from 5. Kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon II/130.
    If you look at the Lexikon you can see that this Bataillon was raised on 15 January 1940 and somewhere October 1942 was changed into Reserve Infanterie Bataillon II/130. The Feldpostnummers of this Reserve unit are the ones shown on the Lexikon.

So in my opinion your emarke is from pre 1942. Not a whole lot of info I could find, but for me it is the only logical explanation.

Could you post a photo of the emarke? I am curious to see it.

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 09-04-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Rik... I will today...paul

It denotes the Second Bataillon, this is because the unit was renamed on January 10th 1940, when the battalion was relocated to Krumau an der Moldau, WK XVII, renamed as Infantry Replacement Battalion I./130.

The Second Bataillon came into existence on January 15, 1940 in Amstetten, also in WK XVII, as infantry replacement battalion II./130.

BlackCat.... what does the 130 stand for? (regiment)...paul

have I got this right?

have I got this right?

Hope this helps.... its Pink chalk to help hi-light the lettering..... Pink was the first colour to hand!

Quote by timeout View Post
    BlackCat.... what does the 130 stand for? (regiment)...paul
    It's Infantry Replacement Battalion 130, they fed replacements into Regiments. Nice Ekm!

Ok I must be reading this wrong I thought it was 2nd Battalion as it is on the tag as Batl II/130 so if 130 is the Batalion what does the II stand for.......sorry for the questions it just takes time to sink in! .... paul

Infantry Ersatz Btl 130 was the original unit, it was subsequently split to form two new units, but rather than using the same unit numbers they called them Infanterie Ers Btl I/130 and Infanterie Ers Btl II/130.

Got it!.... thanks.... now time for me to try another one! ...paul