Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Erkennungsmarke Please

Article about: I picked up a couple of run of the mill, late war, Erkennungsmarke for display purposes and I would like to make sure I am properly identifying them. I have not been able to figure out the (

Default Help with Erkennungsmarke Please

I picked up a couple of run of the mill, late war, Erkennungsmarke for display purposes and I would like to make sure I am properly identifying them. I have not been able to figure out the (mot) marking on disk #2.

Disk #1 is this correct saying 9th Battalion Artillery Regiment 194 with the soldier number being 177?

Disk #2 3 Komp Infantry Regiment 71 with soldier number being 223. What is the marking to the left of the 3? What is the meaning of (mot)?

I have looked through many threads and google. Have not been able to figure out. I appreciate the help. Thank you for looking.

John

Help with  Erkennungsmarke PleaseHelp with  Erkennungsmarke PleaseHelp with  Erkennungsmarke PleaseHelp with  Erkennungsmarke Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with  Erkennungsmarke Please
    P
    Many

mot. means Motorized
    Can't tell what the other mark is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Disk 1 is the 9th Batterie rather than Bataillon.

I think the marking on the second ekm is a representation of blood group B. Motorised Infantry are mobile rather than being on foot.

Thank you Raplh and Blackcat for taking the time and providing the information. Much appreciated.

?

Artillerie Regiment 194, part of 94. Infanterie Division. Quite some information to find on this Regiment and Division.
    Artillerie-Regiment 194 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Infanterie Regiment 71 was part of the 29. Infanterie Division and was lost at Stalingrad. Also quite some information online about this Division.
    Infanterieregiment 71 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

A couple of nice erkennungsmarken to have in your collection.
    Regards, Rik.

Thank you Rik. Those pages contain much information. It was fun translating the sections and learning. Much appreciated.
    John

?

Can i ask where these EKM came from ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Can i ask where these EKM came from ?
    I bought them from a guy local to me. He got them from his dad who purchased a bunch of lots from the Prugh collection. The story is they came from William Prugh's collection that was sold a few years back after his passing. Long custody train so not always reliable. I do have a few envelops that were addressed to Prugh's PO Box. So some of it makes sense but no one can say for sure IMHO.
    John

?

Was wondering as they both are units that were at Stalingrad and were they found there ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Was wondering as they both are units that were at Stalingrad and were they found there ??
    I have no provenance to that regard.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast