Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identify an SS ID disc

Article about: Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum and i decided to ask you guys something you're probably used to deal with I received this ID disc from a friend as a present. He doesn't know much about

Question Help Identify an SS ID disc

Hello everyone,

i'm new to this forum and i decided to ask you guys something you're probably used to deal with

I received this ID disc from a friend as a present. He doesn't know much about WW2, and altough i really like the gift, i'm hoping it's an original and if it is i would love to know to wich unit it belonged. Can you help me identify it and confirm it's an original ?

Here are a few pictures of the front of it. (The back doesn't have any symbols) (This ID disc is made out of zinc)

(EDIT: For some reason i can't get the photo to rotate correctly :/ sorry)

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identify an SS ID disc   Help Identify an SS ID disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identify an SS ID disc
    P
    Many

I have rotated it and adjusted the contrast a little. Having said that it isn't of a pattern I've seen before. If it was associated with 6th Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 7 it does not exist. If it relates to SS Gebirgsjäger then it could refer to Prinz Eugen but again it isn't of a pattern used by this unit either. It was free so owes you nothing but I don't think it is original. Others will opine.

?

It is bad in my opinion, there is no roll number on the single hole side. Looks like the damage is very recent not 70+ years old. It should be stamped GJR if it is a Gebirgsjäger disk.

EDIT: on further review the roll number is there (part of the 6 anyway) and I noticed the roll number and unit are stamped with the same 6.

i don't like this one.