Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help in identifying WWII German dog tags

Article about: I have an ID-Tag that is found myself right next to the airport used by Germany in WW2. Baneasa / Romania ... near Bucharest. It was already identified ... but I thought you to view the Tag

Default Re: Help in identifying WWII German dog tags

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Actually, no; 'Fl. Rgt.' is 'Flieger-Regiment', not 'Flak-Regiment'- 'Flak' is always written out fully since it's an abbreviation already. That's perhaps why someone suggested it was special, but it's incorrect. If it were a Flak-Regiment, it wouldn't be '14. Kompanie', it would be '14. Batterie' too.
    I thought an anti-aircraft regiment would be 'Fla-Regiment', not 'Flak-Regiment'. Surely Flak means flugabwehrkanone (anti-aircraft gun), as opposed to flugabwehr (fla - anti-aircraft)?
    I could be wrong on this.

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identifying WWII German dog tags
    P
    Many

?

Perhaps this is the regiment?

Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 71

?

Both existed Rob- although granted Flak was mostly Abteilungen, but there were a few Regimenter. Fla is for MGs, and Flak is for cannon- so it's all about the weapons the unit used.

And no peewee- the disc is from the field unit Flieger-Regiment 71, not the replacement/training unit Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 71, they're not the same thing.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Both existed- although granted Flak was mostly Abteilungen, but there were a few Regimenter. Fla is for MGs, and Flak is for cannon- so it's all about the weapons the unit used.
    Yes, I just went and looked it up, and found a Flak-Regiment in my sources... maybe I shouldn't think out loud so much.

Rob

?

Lol

?

all information is identical for both names of the regiment ... I think it is the same " Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 71 - Flieger-Regiment 71"

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

?

I found a similar Tag Id ... the same information!

number 2

Erkennungsmarken's blog - Page 27 - Blog de Erkennungsmarken - Skyrock.com

?

Ah, okay, I didn't read it all the way through- it says Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 71 was redesignated Flieger-Regiment 71 on 16.8.1942, so there you are. Interesting- I've never seen a change like that before. No details though other than III.Bataillon was stationed in Beziers in 7.1944, and it was disbanded two months later. Another source I just found says the renaming was done in 11.1941, and it was stationed in the Bordeaux area- after the invasion, it pulled back to the Rhonetal area before being disbanded.

Surprising to find another disc- same Regiment, just a different Kompanie.

?

I think this information is the best : "On 16.8.42 redesignated Flieger-Regiment 71."

I trust the site! ...

Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 71

?

"Flieger-ent regime Ausbildungs​​-71"

It was originally Regiment Pilots and Pilot-School, was founded on April 1, 1939 in "Sorau" / Germany and renamed in November 1942 ... then becoming only Pilots Regiment "Flieger-Regiment 71", was moved to southern France near Bordeaux , Lyon and Montelimar.
    After the Allied landing in southern France, the regiment moved back to the Rhone Valley, which was dissolved in 09.1944.

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/ infanterie/flausb71.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast