Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal

Article about: Hi, I’ve attached pictures of two different items, looking for some feedback please. I came into possession of both of these recently. The first item is a Secret Police Warrant Disc. I hav

?

Default Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal

Hi, I’ve attached pictures of two different items, looking for some feedback please. I came into possession of both of these recently. The first item is a Secret Police Warrant Disc. I have some suspicion that this is not genuine based on the alpha numeric M 9 / 86 below the eagle. Looking for comments on this. The second item I believe is a Field Marshall Moltke commemorative coin. I have seen some that are similar with the 3 kaisers on the back of the coin, but not one with the image of Moltke on front with the kaisers on back. Any comments on this one would also be helpful, including any general value of each one. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal   Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal  

Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal   Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal  

Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal   Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Secret Police Warrant Disc and Field Marshall Moltke Medal
    P
    Many

Better post this in the German section. Here in the Soviet section you won't get many replies.

?

That does not look like an authentic ID disc but a cast reproduction in my opinion.
    Regards, Al

?

Hi thanks, I’m a new forum member. Is there an easy way to transfer this thread to the other section?

Thread moved
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

In my opinion the warrant disk is a fake. The eagle looks wrong and the numbers look wrong on the eagle side as well.

Agree, the warrant disk is bad I'm afraid.

?

That’s ok, thank you. So,some on another website thought the same thing. It didn’t cost me anything but its history seems odd. It was an older gentleman in his 70s who gave it to me and he said he father acquired it in WWII, but his memory on that fact was uncertain. I figured this forum would be an excellent place to get some experienced opinions.

Quote by FLOOD View Post
    That’s ok, thank you. So,some on another website thought the same thing. It didn’t cost me anything but its history seems odd. It was an older gentleman in his 70s who gave it to me and he said he father acquired it in WWII, but his memory on that fact was uncertain. I figured this forum would be an excellent place to get some experienced opinions.
    The maker code M9/86 is a fakers imaginary addition. Originals were never marked in this way.

?

Thanks. Does anyone have thoughts on the Field Marshall Moltke medal?