Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ID disc Fallsch. Jager -- Opinions Please

Article about: Hi all, Hereby a German paratrooper id disc. It was sold to me as original. According to the number on the disc the number referes to: 12./Fallschirmjager Regiment 3 4./Fallschirmjager Regim

?

Yes send me a message.Wkr Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please
    P
    Many

At Montag, Daarom and Blackcat: I will reply tomorrow again. Its great to receive some thoughts and support from you ALL here. That’s making collecting more interesting if we learn and study items.

?

Quote by startingcollector View Post
    Disc bought from a - in my eyes - reliable dealer in the NL

Remember : " Sellers are just sellers. "
    All of the seller's items are a mixture of 'authentic' and 'fake'. - Collected items must be checked individually for authenticity.

+ As mentioned above, magnetism does not verify authenticity. Whether genuine or fake, the material is magnetic. Niro-Stahl (Edelstahl) = stainless steel

Anyway, I look forward to your further comments...

?

Stainless steel Erkennungsmarken were originally specified for German aircrew or Heer / Waffen SS / Panzer troops.
    However, this material has produced numerous fakes.

We will not know until you find a sample of a similar service number in the same troop(62775).

I found the sample(62772, 62776) below in this forum, so please refer to it.
    And I'd like somebody to show me a picture of another '62775' sample.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please   ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please  

?

Interesting to see.I agree with you.

Super Montag! Indeed it would be fantastic if we can compare with a EKM of the same 5 digits as the posted piece. I found out that the unit
    has been for example on Sicily.

UPDATE: after some extra research and talks with the sellers I believe that the posted EKM at the beginning of this tread is original. But .. I think it's overcleaned and because of the irregular shape and no wear I'm doing it back to the seller. I'm convinced about the originality but this EKM is because of the material -Edelstahl- and overcleaned. Happily the sellers gave me the opportunity to send it back. I will choose for another item.

I think you made the right decision on this one.

Now this might be a long shot..... if you look at the back of this tag where the stamping comes through the disk you can make out some lines (striations).... Montag has just posted a post called "Flak erkennungsmarke" That also has the same lines in the same place, Two different units but the same type of markings. I have seen it on other tags which have been put up for ID/real or fake. I dont have many tags to check in my collection but I think there might be something in it. It is only a thought....paul.

Quote by timeout View Post
    Now this might be a long shot..... if you look at the back of this tag where the stamping comes through the disk you can make out some lines (striations).... Montag has just posted a post called "Flak erkennungsmarke" That also has the same lines in the same place, Two different units but the same type of markings. I have seen it on other tags which have been put up for ID/real or fake. I dont have many tags to check in my collection but I think there might be something in it. It is only a thought....paul.
    I'd suggest it could be where the faker has attempted to rub down the bloom made by stamping it? Can't recall seeing on originals, why would you do that on an original?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast