Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ID disc Fallsch. Jager -- Opinions Please

Article about: Hi all, Hereby a German paratrooper id disc. It was sold to me as original. According to the number on the disc the number referes to: 12./Fallschirmjager Regiment 3 4./Fallschirmjager Regim

Default ID disc Fallsch. Jager -- Opinions Please

Hi all,

Hereby a German paratrooper id disc.
    It was sold to me as original, but I have a bit concerns.

According to the number on the disc the number referes to:

12./Fallschirmjager Regiment 3
    and
    4./Fallschirmjager Regiment 15

The surface of the disc is irregular and the rectangular shape of the space in the middle also irregular.

I'm very curious about your opinions, because I have not much experience with ID discs.
    The surface is irregular and I don't see wear myself, but hoping for opinions from others.

And what about the "T" (Tetanus) stamp: one is not "mirrored".

Is it a truely original WW2 made FJ ID disc ?
    Hoping for feedback.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please   ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please  

ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please   ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please  

ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please   ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please  

Last edited by startingcollector; 02-24-2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: additional info about the T sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please
    P
    Many

You are right about the mobilierungs nummer referring to the FJR 3 and 15 during the war. personally it isn't for me as it looks aggressively cleaned and there is no signs of wear around the top holes and the Stammrollnummer is clumsily stamped. FJ ekm are easy to fake. See what my fellow collectors think.

Startingcollector,

I agree with BlackCat1982. Don't like the looks of it. No use or wear marks to the eye's of the chain/string neck suspension area. Also don't like the darkened-rusted numbers. They look less than authentic. Almost like the maker deliberately left them rusted or dirty to give it some visual credence. But hey, let's see what others whom have more expertise have to say.

Gerry C.
    Finally Dug out From the Snow and Cold in the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    FJ ekm are easy to fake.
    I agree with BlackCat1982.
    stainless discs which are not a self ground dug are always problematik because some freaks found so much 'unstamped stainless discs' at Elbe river and stamped them professional or sold them to other fakerbastards..!

And how much did you pay for it? If the seller called 250 euros, I don't buy it.

Link to FJ Fake Dog Tag

?

I agree with BC.Much respect for his opinion.But this one is mine and found in Kaliningrad.ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions PleaseID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions PleaseID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please

?

It's a magnetic one guys.ID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions PleaseID disc Fallsch. Jager  -- Opinions Please

?

Do you know where it came from ? Can you stick a magnet against it ?

Hi Daarom, thanks for your appreciated answer. I have looked around but not found a magnet yet. Will try when found.
    Do you think that the irregular shape of the disc is maybe caused by a combination of hard moving of craftsman tools and / or also caused by magnetic tension IF found under the ground and a magnetic tension with other iron and/or zinc discs?
    Disc bought from a - in my eyes - reliable dealer in the NL <i can let you know in a private message, because he helped me excellent with a few other acquisitions which were without concerns> who offers regularly EKM’s. Bought a few more at the same seller which seems to be ok. Only this one gave me some concerns.

Whether it’s stainless steel, magnetic or not does not make it real. Ekm can get bent or damaged for various reasons but not due to any properties of the metal it’s made of.

?

The truth. I agree with that. I am just curious if this one is also magnetic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast