Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID disc stamped EW? Einwohner? :S

Article about: Picked this up for dirt cheap today; has me puzzled. EW is abbrev for Einwohner (inhabitant/resident) right? What does that even mean haha Anyone have any info? Is it legit?

Default ID disc stamped EW? Einwohner? :S

Picked this up for dirt cheap today; has me puzzled. EW is abbrev for Einwohner (inhabitant/resident) right? What does that even mean haha Anyone have any info? Is it legit?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID disc stamped EW? Einwohner? :S  
    Attached Images Attached Images ID disc stamped EW? Einwohner? :S 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID disc stamped EW? Einwohner? :S
    P
    Many

Fallschirmjäger ekm from Mobilierungs number 62570 EW which is for 8 Kompanie of Ersatz Regiment 1 (Eberswalde)
    Nice find!

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Fallschirmjäger ekm from Mobilierungs number 62570 EW which is for 8 Kompanie of Ersatz Regiment 1 (Eberswalde)
    Nice find!
    Thank you so much BlackCat! Can’t believe it. Best $5 I ever spent haha

I'll triple your money on it!

Hi all (again) haha I'm here again seeking confirmation this tag. It was recently posted on WarRelics at link below and member stated fake! If you scroll down the link, you'll see my tag with green background is compared to bad fake. Would like to get to the bottom of it for piece of mind with more eyes on it. Thank you so much!

Fallschirmjäger Eberswalde EKM

MilitariaMat.... As to the font and stamping I can not give an opinion as I dont know enough to warrant that. But what I can say is that I do not think its 100% what it reports to be....... because,..... you can see a halo on the back of the disk, and that has blown away some of the surface dirt and staining. You can clearly see where that is. If the disk was old most of the indents would have worn smooth by the wearer. When it was lost, the dirt staining would have been over the whole surface. In fact with this tag you I would say that if you took a jewellers loop you might be able to say what it was sitting on when the letters were struck. If it was put under a microscope you would be surprised what you can see on them. I have bought tags before and looked under a microscope and there was no doubt that they were fakes as the crystals had lettering crushed into them. That just cant happen!......this is only what I think....paul.

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    Hi all (again) haha I'm here again seeking confirmation this tag. It was recently posted on WarRelics at link below and member stated fake! If you scroll down the link, you'll see my tag with green background is compared to bad fake. Would like to get to the bottom of it for piece of mind with more eyes on it. Thank you so much!

Fallschirmjäger Eberswalde EKM
    I can only say that yours has been accepted as good by others as well as myself. Again its only my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. As a replacement unit its entirely possible yours was not even issued. I don't see any issue with the way the reverse has a slight halo effect, such things alone do not make it bad.

?

A though one if you ask me. The font of the 455 makes me a little worried as it looks a whole lot like a font used on a Artillerie Regiment 50 erkennungsmarke I have posted earlier this year on the forum. That particular emarke was deemed to be a fake, that is the thing that makes me question the font on the emarke of the OP.

?

Here is a link to the emarke I am talking about:

Artillerie emarke for review

Fair point Rik. The number font on MilitariaMatt ekm in #1 is also the same for the Stammrollnummer as the Mobilierungs nummer, albeit a different size.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast