Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Jr 4 lett

Article about: I try to keep learning and draw conclusions. That is why I am grateful for all the tips and help, and thanks in advance for them. In one of my posts below it was stated that the dog tag 1./J

?

Default Jr 4 lett

I try to keep learning and draw conclusions.
    That is why I am grateful for all the tips and help, and thanks in advance for them.
    In one of my posts below it was stated that the dog tag 1./JR 4 LETT (with covered SS runes) is not original.
    I found photo another similar III./JR 4 LETT, but what is more important, I own a similar dog tag 1./ JR 4 (this photo with empty spaces).
    I feel a bit anxious about this. This is also fake?

Regards
    Jarek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jr 4  lett   Jr 4  lett  

Jr 4  lett   Jr 4  lett  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jr 4  lett
    P
    Many

?

No one? Please

Regards
    Jarek

I am not a fan of this as it shows artificial aging and would turn me away. I am not able to comment of more specifics but a bump may bring more experienced comments.
    John

Rescue190... Please could you expand on the comment about artificial aging, I have been metal detecting for 40 years or more, and would have said that that item was a ground dug item, but in fairly neutral soil. please don't think I am knocking your comment on it I just wonder how/ why you came to that answer. If you are aware of the method used to age an item please tell us as i for one would find it interesting ...regards...paul.

It looks like a Rokas font fake to me.

Quote by timeout View Post
    Rescue190... Please could you expand on the comment about artificial aging, I have been metal detecting for 40 years or more, and would have said that that item was a ground dug item, but in fairly neutral soil. please don't think I am knocking your comment on it I just wonder how/ why you came to that answer. If you are aware of the method used to age an item please tell us as i for one would find it interesting ...regards...paul.
    I am no expert by any means but there is very little wear to the holes or lettering with some aging that does not look natural to my eye. I would have thought there would be more damage if a ground dug item, even in what you consider to be neutral soils. I am not aware of the specific methods of artificial ageing, sorry.
    John

?

Because for a long time no one said a word, I showed this dog tag to two Polish collectors (I was 100% sure it is original).
    They both confirmed its authenticity. To be sure, I turned to a well-known Ukrainian collector from the WAF forum too, he also confirmed its originality.
    A colleague "timeout" is right, the dog tag comes from a well-known excavation, where a greater number of these dog tags have been dug (probably from Gdansk, but I'm not sure).
    This would mean that the other two dog tags (those not mine, but shown for comparison) are also original.

Best Regards
    Jarek

?

I agree with the Rokas fake font. I was waiting for someone to confirm my suspicion.
    Please look in the common fake fonts sub-thread.

P.s. I am refering to the middle emarke. For me 100% Rokas fake.

?

Sorry, I was hoping to learn something in this forum, but I was wrong. Unfortunately.
    I'm too old (58) and I don't have time for nonsense.
    I do not want to comment on some statements (... I have feelings, it seems to me, etc ...), but one thing is the fact, these statements do not lead to anything.
    This dog tag that I showed in this post (it is really mine and is 200% original) was a simple provocation, to which I received answers in accordance with "expectations" ...

Thank you all for contacting "with me", this is my last post in this forum and my last stay here. I hope no one will remember me here badly.
    Greetings to all.

Best Regards
    Jarek

?

Not so sure why you're acting up, but do as you wish.

The one below you posted in post #1 (the middle one I was talking about) is fake and is stamped in the so called Rokas font.
    Jr 4  lett