Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke

Article about: Are there original please and what do the letters signify at the end please? I think that the one is Marinestammabteilung and that most disks usually have the Nordsee or Ostsee designation a

Default Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke

Are there original please and what do the letters signify at the end please? I've had these a while and can't find a great deal about these discs. I think that the one is Marinestammabteilung and that most disks usually have the Nordsee or Ostsee designation at the beginning of the number and usually a S or T branch mark at the end. Many thanks for your help. I would imagine that they have been re strung.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke   Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke  

Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke   Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

MS is Marinestation.

E is for Erganzungs

S is for Seemann.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 06-29-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Correction

Many thanks. What would the N be after the number please? Is there a reference list for these somewhere? All the best. Martyn

Sorry, had to correct reply above. The N is for Nordsee.

31121/38N is an interesting one in that it is stamped as per the 1942 regulations, but you can see by the date 38 that it was this year the owner was inducted into the KM.

The best reference is the book Deutsche Erkennungsmarken by author Jean Hoidal, the second edition, green cover is the one you want.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Sorry, had to correct reply above. The N is for Nordsee.

31121/38N is an interesting one in that it is stamped as per the 1942 regulations, but you can see by the date 38 that it was this year the owner was inducted into the KM.

The best reference is the book Deutsche Erkennungsmarken by author Jean Hoidal, the second edition, green cover is the one you want.
    Many thanks. So the one ending in N also means Nordsee as does the first one with the N at the front. I read somewhere on lexicon last night that the MS was Mobilised for sea service would that be the same as Marine station? Many thanks. I will have to get that book. Martyn

Yes, correct on both counts Bonecollector. The layout varies depending on the regulations at the time, for the KM these changed several times from 1932, 1936, 1939, 1940, 1941 and 1942.

Yes, correct on both counts Bonecollector. The layout varies depending on the regulations at the time, for the KM these changed several times from 1932, 1936, 1939, 1940, 1941 and 1942.
    Many thanks for all of that help. I will have to get that book.. I have one but it is very basic. Regards Martyn

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Many thanks for all of that help. I will have to get that book.. I have one but it is very basic. Regards Martyn
    Is it the tiny card cover book on German Identity Discs by Michael Burroughs? Some interesting ekm in it but not really a great reference book, but when that came out there was nothing in print about them. Hoidal is "currently" still the most definitive tome on the subject.

Is it the tiny card cover book on German Identity Discs by Michael Burroughs? Some interesting ekm in it but not really a great reference book, but when that came out there was nothing in print about them. Hoidal is "currently" still the most definitive tome on the subject.
    Yes that's correct about my book.. It's an interesting read but a bit basic. I will try and get the recommended book.

I remember buying that same little book at a show in Bovington UK in about 1996! Hoidal replaced it years later, it is expensive but worth it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast