Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?

Article about: Hello! I am new to the forum and just want to say what a treasure trove of information it is! I have learnt so much from you all! I was hoping that some of you may be able to help me with a

?

Default A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?

A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?

Hello!

I am new to the forum and just want to say what a treasure trove of information it is! I have learnt so much from you all!

I was hoping that some of you may be able to help me with a recent purchase of an Artillerie Legr Regiment Ek.

1/. A.L.R.

(I hope I have attached the photo correctly!)

Does the ek look genuine? And if so does anyone know any more info on the regiment itself? As I understand it was a teaching regiment and have found it on Lexicon Der Wehrmacht, but just curious is anyone is more familiar with the unit!

Many thanks!

Harry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?
    P
    Many

H there.

I can’t comment on authenticity, but there are some guys here with amazing knowledge who should be along soon.

I’m not familiar with Artillerie Lehr Regiment 189, but here is some information I’ve found.

It seems the Artillerie Lehr Regiment was created at Jüterbog and used the StuG.

Artillerie

https://www.hl-barbara.de/index.php/...nde-gliederung

Dookola Rzeszy: StuG III - "Zabojca Panzerwaffe"

?

(Based on font) Your dog tag is authentic.
    However, you must check the T.O. range. If it exceeds range, it becomes a reissued tag.

Someone must provide K.St.N. information for the 'A.L.R.' unit on September 1, 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?  

?

Thank you so much! I was reading 189 as the Ek number rather than batterie number! So that is incredibly helpful!

Very exited to read that they used the StuG!

?

I’m glad to hear the font is good! As someone new to collecting dog tags could you please explain the abbreviations? And what it means that it may be a reissued tag? Sorry to be a pain and that typical novice! Thank you so much!

?

Quote by HarryW View Post
    what it means that it may be a reissued tag?
    To explain the reissue dog tag, I will explain it in two parts.

1-PART : If your dog tag owner is 'active soldier' before September 1, 1939,
    any new dog tags issued after September 1, 1939 will be reissued.

2-PART : If your dog tag owner is 'ersatzmann' after September 1, 1939,
    The owner of your dog tag should have an 'Ers' dog tag, but since he received the 'ALR' dog tag, it is said to be a reissue dog tag.

cf. The T.O. of the 'normal' Artillerie-Batterie. The range is up to 171 people. (September 1, 1939)
    ( Stärke: Offizier 4/ Beamter 0/ Unteroffiziere 30/ Mannschaften 137 ) = 4 + 0 + 30 + 137 = 171

But I don't know the range of A.L.R-Batterie.

?

According to tracesofwar, Heinrich Appel dog tag is 10/A.L.R. Nr. 25..
    Likewise, he boarded the StuG!

tracesofwar link
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.L.R. Ek! Genuine?  

?

Quote by HarryW View Post
    could you please explain the abbreviations?
    K.St.N. is Kriegsstärkenachweisungen

This is an organization chart showing equipment and personnel.

?

This is amazing, I cant thank you enough for this information! So as long as the T.O. of the A.L.R regiment goes up to 189 people it is genuine?

?

Just to be sure I am reading it correctly, it is the 1st Regiment of the A.L.R, with 189 being the personal soldier number? Sorry for all of the questions, it is greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast