Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Latvia field dug Ekgru... dog tag.

Article about: Here is my first complete dogtag, sent by Luftwaffe 1941. It came from Latvia and is in better condition that it looks in a photograph. Anyways, I wanted to see if I got this right: 2. Rifle

Default Latvia field dug Ekgru... dog tag.

Latvia field dug Ekgru... dog tag.

Here is my first complete dogtag, sent by Luftwaffe 1941. It came from Latvia and is in better condition that it looks in a photograph. Anyways, I wanted to see if I got this right:

2. Rifle Replacement Kompanie 68.

Does that sound about right?

I suppose there is no way to figure out which Rifle Company 68 it was, was there? :/

Anyways, I'm happy to have it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latvia field dug Ekgru... dog tag.
    P
    Many

This would have belonged to a soldier who may have originated from Brandenburg, Wehrkreis III where the unit was formed from in 1939. To end up in Latvia he was probably a replacement in the 23 Infantry Division, who were then part of the 18th Armee in Lettland from late 1944. A nice gift.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    This would have belonged to a soldier who may have originated from Brandenburg, Wehrkreis III where the unit was formed from in 1939. To end up in Latvia he was probably a replacement in the 23 Infantry Division, who were then part of the 18th Armee in Lettland from late 1944. A nice gift.
    Are you serious?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    Are you serious?
    Based upon Schützen Ersatz Kompanie 68 supplying replacements for the 23rd Infanterie Division and knowing that the 23rd Infanterie Division was reformed in 1942 and was then deployed to Latvia from mid 1944 yes I am.

Based upon Schützen Ersatz Kompanie 68 supplying replacements for the 23rd Infanterie Division and knowing that the 23rd Infanterie Division was reformed in 1942 and was then deployed to Latvia from mid 1944 yes I am.

Damn! That's pretty darn good detective work, thanks! It was so precise, I thought you were joking.

Not sure where the joke section of this forum is, but as far as I know it isn't here.

Not sure where the joke section of this forum is, but as far as I know it isn't here.
    I just didn't know it was possible to glean all of that from the tag.

Take a look at the Lexikon Der Wehrmacht thread Rusty, it provides a wealth of information.