Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My first KM Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Good day, Gentlemen, Here is my first example of the Kriegsmarine Erkennungsmarke — an unusual, early aluminium version, with added blood group detail - named to Waldemar Dobiosch (I’m s

?

Default My first KM Erkennungsmarke

Good day, Gentlemen,

Here is my first example of the Kriegsmarine Erkennungsmarke — an unusual, early aluminium version, with added blood group detail - named to Waldemar Dobiosch (I’m sure he was in Harry Potter), a North Sea fleet gunner, enlisted in 1941.

This one is sadly tainted by the fact that it was sent from Mario, just before he left for the fateful trip to the SOS…

Otherwise, I hope you like it as much as I do; and that slightly weird, circular wear around the upper holes, which makes it look a little like the Cookie Monster (if you half-close your eyes)!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first KM Erkennungsmarke   My first KM Erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first KM Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Congratulations Rob! Looks to be a great example and I agree does have the HP ring to it Yes, very sad to see a post about Mario’s collection. How devastating. I really hope somehow his items can be tracked down and returned.

Andy

?

Mario is so well known and respected, lots of people will be keeping an eye out, and as soon as any of his stock hits the market, it shouldn’t take long to track the bastards down…

Thank you for your kind words, Andy. I am pleased with this one and will, I’m sure, gather a few more in time. I prefer these earlier, named versions - it feels like you’re getting a little bit more!
    All the best, mate,
    Rob.

Interesting ekm Kohima, especially with the name typo. I’m not sure why there is a halo around the top holes, which you eluded to but to my eyes there appears to be traces of adhesive around those top holes, a reaction with the metal might be the cause of those halo marks? Just a guess, but an interesting acquisition for sure.

?

Many thanks for your comments, BlackCat.
    I see what you mean about the apparent glue residue - especially to the left-upper rear (I shall have a closer look). Perhaps it was mounted in a frame at some point.
    When you talk of the typo, I suspect you are referring to the ‘e’ in Waldemar looking more like an ‘a’; upon closer inspection, it is an ‘e’, though slightly mis-struck. Or have I missed something else?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Many thanks for your comments, BlackCat.
    I see what you mean about the apparent glue residue - especially to the left-upper rear (I shall have a closer look). Perhaps it was mounted in a frame at some point.
    When you talk of the typo, I suspect you are referring to the ‘e’ in Waldemar looking more like an ‘a’; upon closer inspection, it is an ‘e’, though slightly mis-struck. Or have I missed something else?
    You're right about the mis-struck "e" it did look like an "a" initially, my mistake for not enlarging the photo. It's also not often that we see KM ekm with blood group details. Perhaps Waldemar saw front line combat too.

?

You have fantastic eyesight and powers of deduction, BlackCat!
    I had to use a loupe, but can confirm your thoughts about glue residue… almost the whole reverse had a thin coat over it. Thankfully, this flicked and peeled off with a fingernail, though that which had squidged through the holes took a scalpel point to coax off.
    Clearly mounted onto something, sometime, but the rings will remain a mystery.