Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nachr. Ausb.staffel

Article about: Can someone translate the unit on this on? It reads: NACHR. AUSB.STAFFEL s.ART.Ers.u.Ausb.Abt.Mot.59

?

Default Nachr. Ausb.staffel

Can someone translate the unit on this on? It reads:

NACHR. AUSB.STAFFEL
    s.ART.Ers.u.Ausb.Abt.Mot.59
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nachr. Ausb.staffel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nachr. Ausb.staffel
    P
    Many

Formed in Brandenburg in 1939 as Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 59. Ended the war on the Oder front as Schwere Artillerie-Ersatz-und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 59. The Nachrichten Ausbildungs Staffel is, I'm guessing one of the late alarm units set up for the defence of the Oder front. Not found anything on this particular unit, not in front of my books. Given the nature of the fighting I'm not sure how much this unit was documented but it should be out there somewhere. I see no reason to doubt the veracity of this ekm either.

?

It is indeed hard to find anything about this staffel. On the Lexikon if you look at Artillerie Ersatz Abteilung 7 you will see the Nachrichten Ausbildungs Staffel is mentioned in the description. Don't know why this is not the case for the schwere Artillerie Ersatz und Ausbildungs Abteilung 59.
    Last edited by Rik.S; 08-24-2019 at 07:22 AM.