MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi Criminal police Warrant Tag

Article about: Hi Dug this Item up today Was after a bit more information about it and if anyone would be interested in purchasing it. Thank you liam

Default Nazi Criminal police Warrant Tag

Hi

Dug this Item up today

Was after a bit more information about it and if anyone would be interested in purchasing it.

Thank you

liam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Criminal police Warrant Tag
    P
    Many

?

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the forum. Check out Don Bible's site on the GESTAPO and KRIPO warrant tags- he's considered an expert on them. I don't think there's much to tell about the tag though- it's the equivalent of a badge today; just the official proof a cop is a cop. As for selling it, you'll probably have to clean it up more (if possible) without removing the patina- DON'T polish it with any aggressive tools like wire brushes or buffers- and take clearer photos; these things are faked a lot and folks will want to confirm it's real before considering buying it- and that means comparing tiny details with known originals, which requires good photos.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi Liam, welcome to the forum, Please note that this forum does not allow the use of off site image hosting so if you wish to have your question answered use the site image posting system, it is very easy to use.

Also I should point out that as a rule the members here do not like people joining just to try and sell items, they rather people participated in the forum and became part of the community.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thankyou for the replies.

How would you recommend cleaning such an item?

I will try and repost the photos.

I'm hoping to post a few more items soon.

Hi Liam,

It has potential imo, but you're going to need photo's as good as at the bottom of this page posted by Marcus Vaughn. The disc he shows is a textbook piece.

Do these 2 GESTAPO disks look authentic?

It's crucial that they are straight on, correctly focussed and taken in good natural light. This is in your best interest, as if it's confirmed good then you have quite a rare find.

Talking of which, where exactly did you dig this warrant disc up?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

These are highly faked, we all know that, that is all im saying.

I will try get my hands on a decent camera. These were took on my phone, not ideal I know.

Dug up in a garden in Sheffield U.K. The garden has been untouched since the 1940s. Will be doing more clearance on the garden tomorrow in the same area as this was found. So may even come across some more items. Have mainly found old coins, not worth anything, but still interesting

Give it a LIGHT clean with a dry toothbrush before taking the pic's. Go easy, be sympathetic in what you're doing, it may help with the definition of the letters and shouldn't hurt the disc as it would be bronze if genuine. Any drama's then desist.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Will do. Thanks for advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast