Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.

Article about: Hi guys i'm really struggling with the abbreviation stampings,I'm probably completely wrong with this but is it reading ST which i'm not sure of K.P meaning Kompanie.G.R Grenadier 102 regime

Default Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.

Hi guys i'm really struggling with the abbreviation stampings,I'm probably completely wrong with this but is it reading ST which i'm not sure of K.P meaning Kompanie.G.R Grenadier 102 regiment which was part of the 24th Infantry division.really need to start gettings some books on this subject.Ralph you added a conversion chart explaining the abbreviations some time back but unable to find it.i know very little but trying to show willing.so any guidence would be great.thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.   Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.
    P
    Many

?

I would say Stabs Kompanie (staff company), though I’m happy to be corrected.

(I didn’t mean that in a kinky way, but..).

?

I would agree, I think it is Stabs Kompanie.

i would agree with you both guys. As being Grenadier Rgt 102 this therefore dates the ekm to sometime after 15th October 1942 the Regiment was renamed Grenadier Regiment 102.

Thanks guys so with regards to the information i wrote in the opening post is the GR Rgt 102 indeed part of the 24th Infantry division.yes BC I read on the Lexicon De Wehrmacht that all Infantry units renamed grenadier Regiments from oct 1942.also does it mean staff at headquarters and not front line.?

The Stabs Kompanie was a field headquarters unit rather than staff at higher command level. FYI the 24th ID fought through the whole war, from the invasion of Poland, France to Russia in 1941, lake Ilmen, Leningrad, through the Baltic to Kurland.

These little discs are very addictive.!!!
    Thanks BC needed to know as this previous link discusses my other Erkennungsmarkens both 24th Infantry Reg,and you helped there too,so a huge thanks as always.P.S this Erkennungsmarken along with the other two are all from the same seller who has been selling these for at least six months after acquiring a large collection.so there may well be more attached to Army group north.

Just wanted to ask is it quite common to see the stamping indentations so far through the zinc/steel.?

Another kurland Erkennungsmarken 483rd Reg 263 Infantry Division.also under 16th army attached to Army group North (Kurland).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help with this Erkennungsmarken please.  

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Just wanted to ask is it quite common to see the stamping indentations so far through the zinc/steel.?
    It does occur and sometimes can be a sign of a modern copy. I see that the Stammrollnummer 0 and the 0 in the unit are from the same font, this can be seen as a red flag. It may be worth considering if the seller is reliable, or if clearer face on pictures can be posted to examine more closely the stamping of this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast