Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hello! I want to know if this erkennungsmarke is fake, and if is original some info aboute regiment and division. Thx!

Default Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarke

Hello! I want to know if this erkennungsmarke is fake, and if is original some info aboute regiment and division. Thx!
    Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarkeOpinion about this SS erkennungsmarke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

I'm not a hunter of SS ekm, but to me the type of runes and the description of the unit is not correct, as I would expect the reference to Stamm Kompanie be written before the rest of the unit. Others will opine shortly.

?

I do not like how the tag is stamped, it roughly translates to: "SS panzer grenadier training and replacement battalion number 2, Stamm company, roll number 2248". I am not a fan of the SS runes and the way they are over stamped on both sides. There are a lot of missing letters in this stamp set. The letter G the letter S and the small r are all created from other stamps. It just looks poorly done. All of that said the unit existed SS-Panzergrenadier-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Bataillon 2 and itmay be fine, I just do not get why it is done so poorly.

Unfortunately this tag was stamped in an ugly way, but it is 100% a good one!

?

Its good, saw it aswell but 250€ was way overboard IMO
    (thats what he wanted when i saw it atleast)

?

Any other original examples of this one ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I appreciate the comments from Eike41 and Austrian but I’m fairly sure that after a positive appreciation of this one that I would be parting with that amount of money for it. It would be useful to see further examples from this unit to attempt to understand how this method of stamping could be passed as consistent or good when it appears to contradict normal practice.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I appreciate the comments from Eike41 and Austrian but I’m fairly sure that after a positive appreciation of this one that I would be parting with that amount of money for it. It would be useful to see further examples from this unit to attempt to understand how this method of stamping could be passed as consistent or good when it appears to contradict normal practice.
    Usually the blank of this tags is zinc. On this stainless steel blank the soldier had troubles with stamping good visible runes and after the second attempt this is the result.
    As we know and as we see like here, there are always strange ways and arrangements of tag markings to find.

I have a own ground find that proves the piece shown here.
    For personal reasons I don't want to share the picture. Please understand/accept.
    Just by the way, I'm using the phrase "100%" very carefully only.

good one!

I agree with the previous speakers, a nice original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast