Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?

Article about: I've been in the market for some genuine German ID disks for a while and I've found some that are pretty well priced, i just thought i'd get the opinion of people with experience in this are

Post Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?

I've been in the market for some genuine German ID disks for a while and I've found some that are pretty well priced, i just thought i'd get the opinion of people with experience in this area on whether or not theyre genuine before pay.

just from my instinct i feel like they may be genuine given the oxidisation on them and idk what else, just a feeling. i was just curious about the lack of rectangular holes punched between the two halves, was this common? is this just fake? any advice is much appreciated (the seller says it was a ground-find). I've attached some photos of the ID disk below Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?
    P
    Many

Don't buy it.
    This is a fake.
    There are many of them on the market now (mostly Panzerjäger and Panzerabwehr).
    A dangerous fake if you see them for the first time.

Best regards,
    Austrian

what makes you so sure it's a fake? just so i can use it as a reference while looking around for more

It's always the same style of faked aging, the same type of blanc and sometimes the letters rerun on different units.

?

Austrian is right, dont buy it!

The crud left in the holes and snap line are also signs of the fakers leaving remnants of the fake ageing process behind.

Do you know where i could possibly find genuine German dog tags for a price that won't make me need to sell a kidney?
    (also if possible a place closer to Australia so I don't get violated by shipping costs)

Thanks for the help (and saving me some money!). I've found another ID Disc and i was wondering if i could get your opinion on this one, i've attached some photos. The man selling the Dog tag says he has over 40 years collection experience.
    Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?
    Last edited by Otto Von Bigmac; 04-08-2020 at 01:46 PM.

?

now I see the difference in the holes and snap lines that were addressed. WOW! makes a difference when you know what to look for?

?

Quote by Otto Von Bigmac View Post

I've attached some photos of the ID disk below Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake?

Hallo,

1. This is a Panzerabwehr(anti-tank) erkennungsmarke.
    not a Panzer erkennungsmarke.

2. Fonts are different from what I attached and yours.

3. I doubt the unique thin font....

Therefore, we have no choice but to wait for the 'same company' + 'Similar roll number' identification tags.

Best regards,
    S.W.
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Panzer Erkennungsmarken fake? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast