Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer hunter ID tag

Article about: Hello again few days ago another German dog-tag appeared on the market. Apparently it belongs to a tank hunter replacement batallion. I wanted to know what you think about this one Best rega

Default Panzer hunter ID tag

Hello again
    few days ago another German dog-tag appeared on the market. Apparently it belongs to a tank hunter replacement batallion. I wanted to know what you think about this one
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer hunter ID tag   Panzer hunter ID tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer hunter ID tag
    P
    Many

Always good to check first if the unit actually existed. Have you done that at least?

?

So from what I can divine this was a reserve company of the Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 227 for infantry division 227. So I think the unit existed, I see no obvious red flags about the disk itself.

Yes sir, i have checked this unit and it appears that it never existed. The only close thing that I could find was a Jager Regiment 227 (Jäger-Regiment 227 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht) that fought at Stalingrad on the Volga. Still, the markings on the dog-tag seem a little bit odd.

?

Vitharr,

take a look at the top disk in this photo. The stamping is very similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer hunter ID tag  

?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    So from what I can divine this was a reserve company of the Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 227 for infantry division 227. So I think the unit existed, I see no obvious red flags about the disk itself.
    Negative. It comes from:
    J. Pz. Jag. Ers. Kp. 227 = Infanterie-Panzerjäger-Ersatz-Kompanie (Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment) 227 - infantry antitank replacement company/ 227th infantry replacement regiment

Such company was in the structure of infantry replacement regiment and had the same number as the regiment. It was responsible for providing replacements for antitank companies (usually 14th company) of infantry regiments belonging to the divisions from the same military district.

Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 227 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

?

Stacez,

Thanks again! Your knowledge is a great resource.