Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer ID Disk

Article about: Hello guys, I found an ID Disk that looks okay to me, but I do not know a thing about ID disks, so my opinion doesn't really count, lol! Obviously it's in corroded condition, and it's been c

Default Panzer ID Disk

Panzer ID Disk

Hello guys, I found an ID Disk that looks okay to me, but I do not know a thing about ID disks, so my opinion doesn't really count, lol! Obviously it's in corroded condition, and it's been covered in renaissance wax to preserve it, and has been highlighted with Sharpie marker (all of which I know how to remove if necessary). Supposedly it's from a Panzer Division (hence the Pz.) but other than that, I've got no clue how to red a dog tag like this. How do you even find the guys name? Anyways, I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this one, because I've been wanting a dogtag for a while, and this one seems nicely priced.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer ID Disk
    P
    Many

I am not knoweldged on Erkennungsmarken either, but i think this should be from the " Stammkompanie/Panzer Ersatzt Abteilung 11" - "parent company/ Tank replacement department 11".

I have found one similar one, of the 5th company of the same department.

Panzer ID Disk

Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 11
    Panzer-Ausbildungs-Abteilung 11
    Panzer-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 11

Panzer-Ersatz Abteilung 11 was set up on August 26, 1939 in Paderborn part of Wehrkreis VI . The Abteilung was directly under the military district VI . It was formed from the remaining command of the 11th Panzer Regiment , 4th Company.

On October 1st 1940, the unit was disbanded and formed the I. Abt of the 27th Panzer Regiment . On November 15th 1940, the Abt was re-established from the remaining command. From May 13, 1942, the Abt was under the command of the Schnellen Trüppen VI . On October 1st 1942, the Abt was transformed into a Pz Ersatz Abt 11 and a Pz Ausbildungs Abt 11.

From the end of March 1945, the two units were subordinate to the Commander of Panzer Troops VI by renaming the superior unit . The two units were combined in April 1943 in Bielefeld, Military District VI , to form the Panzer-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 11.

?

Does the other side of the disk have the same information on the bottom half? It should be there.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Does the other side of the disk have the same information on the bottom half? It should be there.
    Yes. I forgot to upload the other picture, but it is there.

?

Can you post a photo of the other side of the Tag ?

Like the Railsplitters patch by the way
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Can you post a photo of the other side of the Tag ?

Like the Railsplitters patch by the way

Panzer ID Disk

Here's the other side.

The railsplitters patch has an incredible story all on its own!

Looks original to me.
    Compare the font with this example.
    Ralph.

Panzer ID Disk
    Panzer ID Disk
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Please do tell the Railsplitters story !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Please do tell the Railsplitters story !
    It belonged to a man named Earl Mcmurray, a tank commander during WWII. My friend has his diary, and a photo album from a soldier who had served with his grandfather, and sent everyone photo copies after the war.

After landing on Omaha Beach (after D-Day), his tank was going through a small french town when it ran over a landmine. The tank was disabled, and shrapnel went all up in his legs, stomach and barely missed his privates. He recovered, and was soon in the tank again. He would write in his diary: "When we were running low on ammunition, our commander would tell us not to waste ammo on the farmhouses, but drive through them instead. There would sometimes be a squashed family inside, and that was unfortunate, but sometimes we got a hun ambush." He crossed the Rhine with Patton, and when he was close to Berlin, he was hit by a sniper when he was looking out of his tank hatch. He survived the wound, and the war.

Apparently, his favorite pastime was to take medals and badges off of dead Germans he saw, and on a couple of occasions, even live ones. My friend has a cigar box full of German badges and medals in perfect condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast