Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Plastic German ID Mark

Article about: Hello friends, this is what came across my friend Hans, got her to Slovakia with us on the forum told us that this should be a German identification tags or Kriegsmarine Luftwaffe pilots fly

Default Plastic German ID Mark

Hello friends, this is what came across my friend Hans, got her to Slovakia with us on the forum told us that this should be a German identification tags or Kriegsmarine Luftwaffe pilots flying over the sea, please does anyone know more? because here in the Czech Republic to these ID nobody knows much, our goal is that if it's real or a figment Thank you for your valuable answer each . Bedy Plastic German ID Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Plastic German ID Mark
    P
    Many

?

What size is the disk. If Kriegsmarine should be smaller than the army or Air Force issued.

The perforations are not the same as a Kriegsmarine. I have never seen a red tag before, so this is a new one for me.

You sure the disk is plastic?

Best of luck.

Hi, I'm pretty sure that is plastic, I finally spoke with my friend Hans and said he should, rather, be a LW flying over the sea, such as France - Britain, the Kriegsmarine's not it's a mistake on my part, the size of the classical German ID mark

Looks like it might be bakelite!...

?

Der see adlers or sea eagles was what they were called.

Beginning of WW2 the Kriegsmarine had a small naval airforce called the see-luftstreitkrafte.

Here is a good article
    http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA476401

If this turns out real, you have a rare piece. Hope it works out in your favour.

Is the back also red, and what is the actual size measurement of the disk?

70 by 50 mm should be about right.
    Holes about 4 mm.

?

Here is what I come up with after a bit of research:

Nummer 51224 « 51225 » 51226
    Feldpoststempel 1939-1945: 51225 (FELDPOSTMARKEN)
    Verwender: Postamt | Verwendung als: Aufgabestempel, Tagesstempel 1.5.1942-19.10.1942 Stab II Einsatz-Flieger-Regiment 63, 24.1.1944 Stab Il Flieger-Regiment 63, 28.11.1944 nicht verwendet.
    Typ: K1 (Einkreis Rundstempel) / Form: Kreisstempel
    Verwendungszeit: 1.5.1942 bis 21.5.1945

Seems legit

Good find if you can verify the bakelite orange

Thank Eike41 yes it's Bakelite orange, approximately the same info we gave one man here in our republic, but it is rarely seen thing and people did not know much. He also wrote to us that it is a 63 Flieger Regiment stationed in France

?

Hi again,

Unfortunately I am probably not correct in my above post as I have posted a FELDPOSTMARKEN not a MOB number and the MOB is what is stamped on that disk.

I will see if I can track it down.

Cheers

?

Someone smarter than I told me this was the MOB code for:

Kurier Staffel Geschwader 1 or 26./ Flieger-Verb.- Geschwader 2

Variation on a theme, field made replacement in bakelite - so would be basically fire proof to conform with OKL guidelines on aircrew worn ID tags. Nice find!