Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Pow tag

Article about: Hi.... I posted a few days ago with photos but can't find it. Does it have to be checked before the post can go live....Thanks Paul

Default Pow tag

Hi.... I posted a few days ago with photos but can't find it. Does it have to be checked before the post can go live....Thanks Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pow tag
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Is this the link?

POW tag

I recommend you post the photos in this new thread (not sure if an Admin has approved your account yet for photos)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi guys new to the site but have been reading the posts for some time. I collect dog tags and bayonets as well as small arms ammo. I have a tag I am trying to research. Its a POW tag which belongs to what I think is an Belgium officer. To me it looks like he was processed at Off. Gef.Dulag. I would like to know where that was. He was then moved to Offlag XIIB Mainz, then transferd to Offlag XD Fischbek. As per the photo. You can see the embossed mark of OffXD. When this came up for sale I just had to have it. its the only POW tag I have with a photo. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most greatfull.
    Attachment 1204114

Attachment 1204125

Attachment 1204126

So just to recap..... where is Off. Gef. Dulag?
    What unit or regiment is he from?

thanks in advance.....paul.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    File Type: jpg pow 001.jpg (218.6 KB)
    File Type: jpg pow 003.jpg (188.4 KB)
    File Type: jpg pow 004.jpg (213.6 KB)

ok it looks like the pics have come out this time. I understand what a Dulag is and I have seen tags which have numbered Dulags. There are lists on the net of dulags that are numbered and ones with letters. Most of the letters seem to be from the location of the camp, but I have spent hours looking for "Gef" with no joy! so over to you guys for some help please......paul

ps....thanks Map

Quote by timeout View Post
    ok it looks like the pics have come out this time. I understand what a Dulag is and I have seen tags which have numbered Dulags. There are lists on the net of dulags that are numbered and ones with letters. Most of the letters seem to be from the location of the camp, but I have spent hours looking for "Gef" with no joy! so over to you guys for some help please......paul
    It's not a location, but simply the abbreviation for "Gefangenen"- [prisoner-]. "Offiziers-Gefangenen-Durchgangslager" = prisoner transit camp for officers.

HPL2008..... Ok thanks for that, So there will be no way of finding out where he was processed.