Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

POW tag

Article about: Does anyone know about this kind of Allied POW tags? Any information about them? How it might be read or if they were exclusive to only one country? What do the markings at the bottom mean?

?

Default POW tag

Does anyone know about this kind of Allied POW tags? Any information about them? How it might be read or if they were exclusive to only one country? What do the markings at the bottom mean?

This EKM came with this POW tag to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POW tag   POW tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POW tag
    P
    Many

The large tag is a German Dog Tag...Eisenbahn Begleit-Truppe ... Sometimes seen as Eisenbahn Begleit Kommando...Railroad Construction and Transport Troops...The Wehrmacht Lexicon has quite a bit of info regarding these under "Eisenbahn-Pioniere"...
    Looking at the bottom of the round tag...is that Greek Lettering?
    -Glenn-

?

Glenn, I know a little about the German tag.

My main question is about the small tag.

My understanding is that the small round tag was assigned (?) to this soldier when he was captured by the allies or when he was placed somewhere.

I am trying to discover information about that tag. The little marks on the bottom of it are like a code but I have no idea what it means, the POW is in English so I assume the tag was from the US or English troops but I don't even know that much.

POW tags issued by the American Army are usually made from standard US Army dogtags and have the owners name, rank and PW number with area code he was captured in as well as his branch - H for Heer, L for Luftwaffe.

Not seen one like this before and to me the odd letters on the bottom make no sense. It needs some further investigation I think.