Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?

Article about: As there seem to be some rely good experts on this forum, I would like your oppinion on this item. It is a relic SS Erkennungsmarke what was found in Germany some years ago, in the Hurtgenwa

appie
    ?

Arrow Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?

As there seem to be some rely good experts on this forum, I would like your oppinion on this item.
    It is a relic SS Erkennungsmarke what was found in Germany some years ago, in the Hurtgenwald.
    Its reads; 3.SS.PZ.GREN.RGT.1 875 LSSAH and bloodgroup A
    I showed it to some people, one a collector and dealer of TR items, and he confirmed it was an original, an other said it was a fake because of the way the SS runes are stamped. The size is correct, and it has some wear to the two wholes.
    It seems a bit strange to me that somebody lost a replica after the war,but having said that nothing is impossible.
    What about the 3? Wasn't the LSSAH the first regiment, and Das Reich the third, or doesn't it work that way?
    Any information is more than welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?   Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?  

Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?   Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Real or fake SS Erkennungsmarke?

As it is found in Hurtgenwald, pretty much the end of the war, couldn't it be that those tags where "field made" to be given to new enlisted men.
    I can't imagine those things are hard to fake.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

appie
    ?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    As it is found in Hurtgenwald, pretty much the end of the war, couldn't it be that those tags where "field made" to be given to new enlisted men.
    I can't imagine those things are hard to fake.
    I was thinking the same. I so unreal for somebody to loose or put this in the ground. Of course Erkenningsmarke get faked, but what's the chance of losing one exacly in the forest this regiment was fighting in?
    Its been looked at with a loop and meassured by a collector and seller of these items, and he said it was ok. Maybe I should have sold it to him then!
    An other thing he told me is that it is a very late war version. Anyway I've just put it up for sale on the net, and the first reasonable bidder gets it, and he can find out if its original and in that case who the soldier was.

Quote by appie View Post
    I ..... Anyway I've just put it up for sale on the net, and the first reasonable bidder gets it, and he can find out if its original and in that case who the soldier was.
    You haven't got his buckle or other insigna's on sale?

cheers
    |<ris

appie
    ?

You haven't got his buckle or other insigna's on sale?
    No, I sold all the SS stuff I had. I only have a buckle and a M42 lid left that was also dug up in the Hurtgenwald, but they are realy rusty, and the lid has no decals.
    The other thing of the SS I still have is a photo portrait of a LAH soldier wearing a lot of medals. That was found in Antwerp when a house got cleared out some years ago. I never stopped woundering who he was and what the story behind him is. If you like a post the portrait on the forum.

Quote by appie View Post
    No, I sold all the SS stuff I had. I only have a buckle and a M42 lid left that was also dug up in the Hurtgenwald, but they are realy rusty, and the lid has no decals.
    The other thing of the SS I still have is a photo portrait of a LAH soldier wearing a lot of medals. That was found in Antwerp when a house got cleared out some years ago. I never stopped woundering who he was and what the story behind him is. If you like a post the portrait on the forum.
    Please do, I live in Antwerp and did clear houses, and I got in to a house (must have been 1999)where time stood still....since 1944...! But I did nt get to do the job.
    The only time a got to see some intresting III reich stuff while clearing a house!!And lots of it!

cheers
    |<ris

?

No, this one is not good, this is completely wrong in font and the Erkennungsmarke itself is also fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

appie
    ?

Please do, I live in Antwerp and did clear houses, and I got in to a house (must have been 1999)where time stood still....since 1944...! But I did nt get to do the job.
    The only time a got to see some intresting III reich stuff while clearing a house!!And lots of it!
    I love Antwerp! You should see the stuff I found in Antwerp, Camp Top Hat on the linker-oever! I used to go there every sunday morning, when there are no police-patrols in the woods, and digg out the stuff the GI's took from Germany, but couldn't ship back home. Maybe this year I will go there when I am in Holland, because I heard they are going to build a new tunnel right under the old camp, so it will all be gone soon.
    Did they start the works near the manege yet?

appie
    ?

Dimas,thank you for your information on the Marke.

By the way Dimas, did you recieve the PM I sent you about searching in Estonia?

I ve got your PM,I 'll reply later but I have an urgent job to do,sorry!

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast