Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

sch. kp. 7/J.R. 30 EKM

Article about: Hello fellas, today I present to you, half an EKM. I've been looking for relic EKMs for a while now, avoiding ebay predominantly. I can just never find any for some reason. Anyhow, I came ac

Default sch. kp. 7/J.R. 30 EKM

sch. kp. 7/J.R. 30 EKM

Hello fellas, today I present to you, half an EKM. I've been looking for relic EKMs for a while now, avoiding ebay predominantly. I can just never find any for some reason.

Anyhow, I came across this half EKM. It doesn't look to be in the best condition, but it's still readable. I tried to get the abbreviations decoded myself, and so far have only been able to come up with

Schutzen Kompanie / 7th Jager Regiment 30 aka rifle company 7th Jager regiment. Am I correct in my assessment, or do I need to go back to Heer Academy?

Thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sch. kp. 7/J.R. 30 EKM
    P
    Many

Think its more likely the 7th Kompanie of Infanterie Regiment 30. J often used as an alternative to the I.

Blackcat is correct.

7. (Schützen) Kompanie / Infanterie Regiment 30

Edit:
    Maybe following links are helpful:
    Infanterieregiment 30 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Thanks fellas!

Now I have a question, just because I don't know. So it appears to me that the Infanterie Regiment 30 was renamed several times before and during the war. The tag in question was found on the Eastern Front. The 30th Infanterie Regiment was renamed the 30th Grenadier Regiment after the Invasion of France, and after it was destroyed on the Eastern Front in 1944, it was renamed the 30th Panzer-Grenadier Regiment.

So here's my question.

In the early part of the war, when a soldier was wearing this during the invasion of France (presumably), Did he keep the same EKM after they renamed the regiment to the 30th Grenadier Regiment? Or did they Change the tags as soon as a unit was renamed?

As a general rule the first tag stayed with the soldier, even he was transferred to an other unit.
    But as is so often the case, there were also many exceptions...

Quote by Austrian View Post
    As a general rule the first tag stayed with the soldier, even he was transferred to an other unit.
    But as is so often the case, there were also many exceptions...
    Thanks, that cleared it up somewhat, generally.

I love EKM, but they confuse the snot outta me!

If found on the Eastern front then the unit was already motorised by then, seeing action from 1941 in Hoths 3rd Pz Group. During the first winter in the East the 18th Pz Grenadier Div as a whole lost 9000 men. From 42-43 it found around Demjansk and Staraya Russa.