Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I

Article about: I'm having trouble correctly ID'ing this one. It was found in Konigsberg Prussia, now Kaliningrad Russia. It appears to be Zinc. My trouble comes with finding the exact unit. I assume that t

Default Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I

Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I

I'm having trouble correctly ID'ing this one. It was found in Konigsberg Prussia, now Kaliningrad Russia. It appears to be Zinc.

My trouble comes with finding the exact unit. I assume that the H means Heer, but so far I'm not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I
    P
    Many

This unit was destroyed in the Fortress of Posen...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I  

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    This unit was destroyed in the Fortress of Posen...
    That's pretty neat! How'd you find it so quickly?

A Google-Search led me to a Thread on GMIC -Gentlemans Military Interest Club...

?

Yes, that is good. I also have 1 lying around, I thought. Found in Kaliningrad. Nicely found, searched out by Glenn. I also have a Heimat Flak 230, but it does not say heavy schwer. Maybe the predecessor of this part?

?

Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I This one is mine. Heimat Flak Batterie 230 / Luftgau VIII Breslau
    230th Territorial Anti-Aircraft Battery / Aviation District VIII Breslau

One of the many anti-aircraft batteries, created sometime during 1943 within Air Region VIII (Luftgau VIII, Breslau). From September 1944, the battery was part of Flak Regiment 107, which provided anti-aircraft defense in Silesia (so-called Flakgruppe Oberschlesien-Ost). The battery was to be equipped with 4 Russian 7.62 cm anti-aircraft guns and was to occupy a position in the vicinity of the towns of Stillersfeld (today Stolarzowice, Poland) and Klausberg (today Mikulczyce, Poland).

The operators of these batteries were mostly boys aged 15-17 years (years 1926-28) as so-called air helpers (LwH – Luftwaffenhelfer or popularly known as Flakhelfer). Some batteries were also manned by girls who could volunteer for service in the Air Force after reaching the age of seventeen.

FLaKw. = Flakwaffenhelfer

?

Schw. H. Flk. Battr. 230/I Another. This one is not mine. But my number is close.