Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes

Article about: Hello, I was offered these im pretty sure they are all garbage, so i thought let some other people enjoy the fake bs... The seller seems pretty honest so i assume he dont know himself... How

?

Default Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes

Hello,
    I was offered these im pretty sure they are all garbage, so i thought let some other people enjoy the fake bs... The seller seems pretty honest so i assume he dont know himself... How do you guys talk to people like that do you Tell him???? Or do you just say "no, thanks"????

Best regards.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes   Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes  

Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes   Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes  

Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes   Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes
    P
    Many

?

But on the up side, i also got this very pretty condition 1st Battery "Artillerie Ersatz Abteilung" tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes   Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes  

?

...I'm on fire my friend..the Lettischen are more crude than the original which I have the pics, but the number used are the same. About Rumaninische I have no knowledge (but I don't like it). The others are good for me.

?

No I don’t think any of the ones in post #1 are real… if you want to convince me otherwise feel free to do so… if you manage to do it I buy you one… so you have an incentive to do it (And i always can be proven wrong we all don’t know everything)

The Latvian ones rarely have the SS instead of ϟϟ… all that had SS the rest of the font was only in capital letters as far as I saw also the Leg. (Legion) Stamp was very unusual… it did exist but not in a matching font.

The Romanian tag is just wrong the font does not match known originals, as you correctly stated.

The Regiment „Deutschland“ tags I have never Seen like that before the numbers on the backside do not match the number font on known original ones.

And the artillery tag, is real I did buy that tag.

- Ben
    Last edited by byBen; 08-02-2022 at 04:59 AM.

?

Probably (more than probably) you are right Ben and I agree with you about the ϟϟ on the rare original Latvian Legion...but just for knowledge, I add this pic (credit to the owner) that I save in my pc like "good"..now I think there are good possibility that it is only a different kind of lettischen fake tag..or not..

Some Latvian SS and SS "D" EKM Fakes

?

Yeah better put it out of your files of original tags… but interesting that it also notes 14th company… maybe same faker I wonder if that guy just went completely through all roll numbers of that unit… or not…

Im just happy you didn’t catch a hit with one of those fakes.
    - Ben