Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dog Tag test

Article about: Alrighty I have a dog tag in my possession that I think might be pretty rare. I want to know what everyone thinks. Is it real? or Fake? after I see that everyone has said their piece I will

Default SS Dog Tag test

Alrighty I have a dog tag in my possession that I think might be pretty rare. I want to know what everyone thinks. Is it real? or Fake? after I see that everyone has said their piece I will let you guys know if it is real or not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dog Tag test   SS Dog Tag test  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag test
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Dog Tag test

So you know one way or the other? Maybe I shouldn't answer until a few others have a chance...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

No I am using as a training guide say what you think I am not going to post if it is real or not until later.

Nobody wants to give it a shot?

So its a black or red issue .I say fake because the break off indentation does not seem to be correct

?

Well the one thing that I can see being 'teachable' about this disc is that field-made pieces, which this purports to be, have no standard features- everything is atypical, thus nothing is 'right' or 'wrong'. That is except the unit text (not the font but the actual text), but one would have to know exactly what the specific unit used as its abbreviations and so on to recognize any error there; and even then it can never said to be real only not obviously fake- an error means fake, but no error doesn't mean authentic.

None of the usual ways of recognizing fakes is valid for a field-made disc- so there's really no way to authenticate one. Usually one has to simply see nothing obviously wrong and trust that the guy who claims to have dug it up is being truthful. That's why they're really just curiosities rather than valuable pieces- unles this is a strange situation like this particular unit actually only issued discs like this or something LOL Or is there something else I'm missing?

NO you guys are doing great a friend and I dug this up outside of Berlin in March. He found it but he knew how much I liked it and when I checked my mail yesterday it was inside. It's in great condition maybe not the coolest disc as you said but It is SS and it is authentic thanks for looking!

?

Nice- glad to know you have a real one then It's not that it's not cool- it is- it's just not that commercially valuable per se because it can't be independently authenticated. What did you want to demonstrate with it anyway?