Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS erkennungsmarke, grenadier ausbildungs und ersatz bataillon

Article about: Hi all, I have the change to buy a SS Ekm. I'm almost certain that its real. Can someone confirm or tell me i'm horrible wrong? Thanks in advance!

?

Default SS erkennungsmarke, grenadier ausbildungs und ersatz bataillon

Hi all,

I have the change to buy a SS Ekm. I'm almost certain that its real. Can someone confirm or tell me i'm horrible wrong?

Thanks in advance!

SS erkennungsmarke, grenadier ausbildungs und ersatz bataillonSS erkennungsmarke, grenadier ausbildungs und ersatz bataillon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS erkennungsmarke, grenadier ausbildungs und ersatz bataillon
    P
    Many

I don't like it.
    It looks unnatural acid aged.

?

I have to agree on that one. I looked at the font style and that looks good to me. Compared it with some others here on the forum. The guy said he found them near Konitz.

?

I agree with Austrian about the strange aging but, I don't like too the font style and above all the runes, completely different from the others Lettischen tags. It is only my opinion, and probably I wrong, but I think that the FRW division tags, above all in the middle of the war (A u E abt.15 was born at the end of 1943), many or every times was local made. In the case it is not a "made in german" but neither similar to other Lett erkennungsmarken.

?

Just for curiosity, according with a quick research in my pc, the correct name of the Lettiische Ausb. u Ers. shows in differents SB was Brigade 15 (probably in the early period) and then Batailon 15, and not abteilung 15, but for sure it is possible that in that 2 years this replacement unit changed name others times.

I would try to find another tag, this one just has too much going on with it to justify a purchase...

?

Thanks for your great knowledge and research! What do you mean with SB?

If I understand it right, I could be a good one but there is more chance it's a fake.

?

@rustyrelics : yes I agree with you.

Quote by Scoloo View Post
    Thanks for your great knowledge and research! What do you mean with SB?

If I understand it right, I could be a good one but there is more chance it's a fake.
    In this case SB is referring to Soldbuch, where the units the owner was deployed in are recorded.

?

Aah off course, lol, now I know I see it.

Guys thanks again for your help with this one. I let it go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast