Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS lettland ID disc Fake or Real?

Article about: Hello everyone, i will be very appreciated if someone give me advice is this original SS Lettland EKM and how much it can be worth because i dont want to overpay, Thank you!

Default SS lettland ID disc Fake or Real?

Hello everyone, i will be very appreciated if someone give me advice is this original SS Lettland EKM and how much it can be worth because i dont want to overpay, Thank you!

Attached Images Attached Images SS lettland ID disc Fake or Real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS lettland ID disc Fake or Real?
    P
    Many

?

For sure a good one.
    The ekm's price is usually/always subjective. Of course it's a scarce and not common tag.

Sorry, I disagree. This a a post war produced ekm.

?

Must agree i'm not a fan of this one , have you seen a guaranteed originla like this one before Prinz ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I know that this tag was debated in different fora a lot of times and for sure this opinion it is not only mine.
    To support it I added two further pics of this kind, used, erkennungsmarken (Rgt. 5). Unfortunatly they are not mine, so credits to the owners

Posting further examples doesn’t really prove a lot. To mix fonts the way these are produced makes no sense at all and when it is seen in other ekm is when certain characters are missing. To abbreviate Lettische as “LeTt” is only in the mind of the person who faked them. To see so many from different Kompanies only enforces the pretence.

?

Sorry BlackCat but I had not post further tags but two used tag. Anyway I have appreciated (as usual) your opinion that in this case is totally different from mine. I just added that this kind of error "LetT" is showed only in the tags of Rgt 5. My two cents.

?

I'm sorry. But I don't like this tag. It looks bad to me.

?

What I dont like that the runes have a different shape than the other letters. Like when the maker has a complete set of letter tools, and a totally different type punch tool for the runes. (like a faker buying a "normal" (ie. not third reich military) alphabet punch tool set, and a separate - most likely newly made - SS rune punch tool) On the two examples attached later, the letters and runes look like they are the same "font", unlike the first example.
    I am by no means expert in this topic, so I dont know whether this happened on original EKM-s or not, and cant say anything for sure about the authenticity of the tag posted, just noticed that it looks odd to me.

?

Intersting and correct point of view, thanks, but I think that did not exist an alphabet punch tool set for this erkennungsmarken. Infact in every of this kind of tag, according with my experience and not only for the Regt.5, the runes was made with a different font and engraved in a second moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast